Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2017 Mark 2 with facelift, Titanium X, Diesel 2l
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post, so do forgive me if this has been asked already.
I am having problems with my screen washer jets. My rear jet is working and so are the jets for the front lights. Before they stopped working completely, they were more or less just dribbling water on the screen. I thought that the washer bottle was low, but having checked this, the water bottle was half full. I have tried putting a pin in the jet to see of this would clear the issue, but it didn't. I have pushed air through and nothing.
Having taken the protection off the bonnet, I can see that the jets are heated, I can feel the water trying to get to the jets but nothing is coming out. So my question is can they be removed and cleaned out or do I have to replace them?

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,976 Posts
Have a look at this thread

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have a look at this thread
RonnieM, thank you for this, however having looked through the thread I do see any mention of everything else working apart from the screen jets.

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
412 Posts
Try removing water feed pipe to jets to see if there is a good flow. If got good flow try pin again, if that does not clear you could try blowing into jet or use cycle / car pump. Also check that they have not melted if they are electric.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,838 Posts
You've probably got a bit of grit lodged in the feed pipe, check pressure before it goes in to the jets as said above.

If you use a washer solution and you have not diluted it correctly this could have congealed in the nozzle?

·
Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
93 Posts
My guess is the washer filter is clogged. It is usually attached at the washer pump inlet , so the front of the O/S wheel arch liner will have to come off or away to get at it. Pop off the pump, and the filter will be in the hole the pump was pulled from.
This may help, it has pics.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have taken the filter from the bottom of the washer bottle and motor and washed it through and put more water into the washer bottle to get rid of any nastys and still no washer jets. I have taken one off and soaked it in boiling water and still nothing. The pipes have been removed and water is getting to the washers but no further.

·
Registered
622 Posts
get a pin or sewing needle and push it into the jets nozzles and try to clear them up.. you could then try leaving it soaking in either vinegar or possibly in hot water with a dishawsher tablet...

If there's a lot of flow coming out of the disconnected nozle hose, It'll defo be debris caught in the nozzle jets.

·
Registered
2015 TDCi 150 Zetec with all optional extras
93 Posts
FYI, your vehicle should not have conventional washer jests that squirt 4 jets of water, but spray nozzles

I do not understand the below bit gentle1.
The pipes have been removed and water is getting to the washers but no further.
Does it mean you have popped off the spray nozzles, operated the washer and a good spout of water is ejected from the water hoses, diagnosing the actual spray nozzles.
If so connect the nozzles to a greenhouse pump sprayer while they are soaking if you have one.
If they are clogged, I would put them in the workmate, and use the jet wash

I have never known both nozzles to pack in altogether, the pump would clog way before anything got to the nozzles. Vey unlikely for enough to get through the washer bottle filter to block both nozzles, they are designed so if it gets through the washer bottle filter, it will pass through the nozzles. good chance that screen wash gunk may have clogged the pump inlet.

So you have cleaned the filter, so time to pop the pump, pop it off, get it in water with some sort of de gunker, like Bang Calgon etc. connecting it to 12v is easy if you have a connector, Screen wash system needs to be treated like a washing machine filter,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Devilish, I have disconnected the spray nozzle from the water pump pipe under the bonnet, not the pipe directly to the spray nozzle. I have soaked it over night in white vinegar and had a jet of air from a compressor blown down it and this has made no difference.
I have also removed the filter from the washer bottle and to be honest there was not enough gunk on it to stop the water going through it, but I did clean it and flush the washer bottle through to make sure there was less muck in there.
I did find that taking her for a longer drive that two of the three washers started to work again, however after putting one back yesterday and trying them again it seems that the one I have left isn’t as good as it was.
I am lost as to what it may be 🥲

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any luck with diagnosing this? I’m having exactly the same issue and have gone through similar steps to you, I’d have replaced the pump if the rear didn’t spray perfectly
Hi Mike,
I have replaced all the jets as nothing worked, removing the filter from the washer bottle, trying to put a pin in the jet, soaking one in white vinegar over night, blowing air down the jet when they are connected to the electrics of the car. Nothing worked apart from replacing them. All I can say is, it must be a regular fault as they had 4 of the jets on the shelf. Needless to say, all of the jets now work.
I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, yes exactly the same I’ve disconnected jets water comes out at good pressure and rear works perfectly. I’ve soaked and cleaned mine and same with filter. Thought it was strange 3 going all at once but I’ll order some today then! Appreciate the advice thanks

Hi Mike,
I have replaced all the jets as nothing worked, removing the filter from the washer bottle, trying to put a pin in the jet, soaking one in white vinegar over night, blowing air down the jet when they are connected to the electrics of the car. Nothing worked apart from replacing them. All I can say is, it must be a regular fault as they had 4 of the jets on the shelf. Needless to say, all of the jets now work.
I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2019 150ps titanium
3 Posts
this is my expirence , ford kuga 2019 model with under bonnet spray jets . drivers side got weaker then stopped, as its apparently a simple job I took it off and tried cleaning it with pin or paper clip to no avail , passenger side worked btw . There is apparently a 3rd one in the middle that does not work at all although I don't remember the middle working at all since purchase . 3 feed pipes though . the drivers side got replaced under warranty and now the passenger side is weaking off .
pleanty of pressure when the pipe is disconnected.

I hope this helps

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,253 Posts
Welcome @forbin - It would appear that when the jets go weak the only solution is to replace them. A couple have members have queried how they are replaced and I don't think I have seen a formal answer from anyone as to the procedure. I have had no issues with mine so not sure how they are replaced.

·
Registered
2019 150ps titanium
3 Posts
on my model you raise the bonnet and remove the noise proofing clips with pliars ( they are clips push them together and they pop out ) looking from the front the feed pipe is on the left and travels the lenght of the bonnet with three T joints to each washer jet . Pull off the feed pipe and carefuly use a flat blade screwdriver to unclip the washer jet - yes they are just clipped in push fit type. the front spray hole is actually a rectangular "hole" , not an actual hole like older types. sure you can poke around but it feel like a peice of sponge inside . did no good on mine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts