Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as many of you may know some kugas are not fitted with a warning sensor on the washer bottle to alert you to low level, mine is one of them,

ford have come up with a few reasons but for the time being i am not happy with the excuses

if anyone else has a problem with this and wishes to express their concerns here are to e-mail addresses that you may like to write to

which magazine [email protected]

and the society of motor manufactorers and traders [email protected]

with a bit of luck ford might get fed up of the pressure from their loyal cutomers and fit this item as a safety issue

·
Registered
51 Posts

love a light as my washer bottle leaks and empties in 1 day. Plan to book the car in for this, rattles and wipers hitting the side of the windscreen

Grizzly

·
Registered
12 Posts
does anyone know how much liquid the washer reservoir is supposed to hold as I seem to be filling mine up 2/3 times a week which is ludicrous.

Perhaps I need the dealer to look and see if it has a leak......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
depending on how much you use them they do seem to empty out quickly....thats why i brought this up on here as i ran out going along the m4 at night ....thats why i think it important ford honours it hand book and fits low level warning lights to all its kugas

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree about the warning as mine hasn't got one. I will take this up with the dealer. I filled up the washer bottle last weekend and - I thought only used it 3 times going to work - only to find I'd run out by the time I got there.
My old trusted Scenic had a much larger reservoir and would last a couple of weeks with heavy use so it really is incredibly irritating

·
Registered
49 Posts
quatroxquatro said:
If you have headlamp washers, then turn the headlights off before washing the screen, the reservoir will empty far less quickly.

Not advisable when driving at night though

·
Registered
339 Posts
Try switching to parking lights then apply washer jets this will not activate the headlamps aswell then simply switch back to main lighting, works on an ST3 Focus.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
moondust said:
Try switching to parking lights then apply washer jets this will not activate the headlamps aswell then simply switch back to main lighting, works on an ST3 Focus.

Haha,
yes of course that's what I meant. Not advisable in every situation, but cetainly Ok while sitting in slow traffic or at arest area on a motorway,for example!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts