Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Kuga had its first birthday on the 30 Sept,I phoned my local dealer from where the car was purchased and booked it for a service stating that I had only one problem that being one of the alloy wheels has started pitting.The service was taken out today and their answer to the wheel is warranty expired on 30 Sept and I reported the problem too late by one day !!The only thing they are offering is £75 towards a new wheel which cost price is £165.The wheel has never been damaged and the car cleaned every week.we phoned ford and their answer was the same.Ithink my next car will come from Korea or Japan.I know the Kia sorrento had the same problem and they had their wheels changed,the car has covered only 9000mls.I love the car but am very disappointed with ford having many new prestigous cars from them in the past.So Buyers Beware

·
Registered
155 Posts
General warranty is 3 years, however wheels and tyres along with door seals and a few other parts are just 1 year as they are items that suffer reasonable wear and tear.

I did once have an issue with the alloys pitting on a focus and they had the wheels re-furbished after the warranty date, I just gave the dealership a real hard time.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Tight in where KugaKen?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Skimad,
Mine has done 14500 mils since last August and the state of the wheels is shocking!!!! I have had lots of cars with alloy wheels and have never known any to pit/flake the way these do?

Again, Not covered by the warranty, so its a case of maybe getting them reconditioned after the winter, usually around 40 quid a wheel, but still lots cheaper than buying new ones? Also, I would begrudge giving Ford the money for new wheels?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I reported my two real wheels being corroded before the year was up and the dealer changed bothno questions asked at the same timeas the 12 month service.

I was worried because I've only got the car on a two year gfv deal and have to give it back in September 2010. They said if I returned itthen with the fronts damaged as well it would be classed as wear and tear and I wouldn't be liable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi i had an rx8 before the kuga this suffered with corroding alloys mazda replaced them all when the car was 2 years old it is a common problem on the rx8 with several owners having 2 or more sets fitted under warranty what wheels have you got? are they the 18s with polished highlights as i had similar wheels on a v6 mondeo and the laquer on polished areas peeled off at less than 2 years old no chance of replacement under warranty from ford!!

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Concerned, this is not good, first Ford for a long, long time, hada Vauxhalls, Toyota's, a Honda,andcouple ofVW's, corroding alloys was never everan issue early days but I just hope my Kuga was not built in a hurry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts