Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
69 plate Kuga ST line edition in Ruby Red, 2.0 AWD diesel Manual 180bhp
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few photos from our break in Barmouth for your perusal 馃檪

Super Moderator
I like Barmouth, we used to rent a place in Llwyngwril and take the ferry across the Mawddach.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like Barmouth, we used to rent a place in Llwyngwril and take the ferry across the Mawddach.
Yup it's a beautiful place, we stay in Llanaber 馃檪

Super Moderator
We head (or will head) much further down the coast now towards Llanduddoch (St, Dogmaels) but the little hotel we used to stay in has been ripped apart by a property developer.

Registered
Looks a nice place, you should have parked your Kuga in the background for the beer shot.

Reactions: davidoff and Ade C

Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
Looks a nice place, you should have parked your Kuga in the background for the beer shot.
I like the Italian beers but I find that particular brew very gassy, I prefer the Peroni (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the Italian beers but I find that particular brew very gassy, I prefer the Peroni (y)
I'm a real ale man, but it was all they had in the little cafe 馃檪

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
I am not keen on Italian beers. A lot of the bars/restaurant now near me are independent of the national breweries which is a little annoying for me as they tend to buy in beers I don't like. However I have found that most German or Austrian brews are acceptable to my choosy palette.

Reactions: Ade C

Registered
South Wales 馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伔鬆伂鬆伋鬆伩
nice photos and nice part of Wales

Super Moderator
Black Dragon cider and Penderyn Welsh single malt Whiskey :)
Obviously, not a drop while driving.
I am not keen on Italian beers. A lot of the bars/restaurant now near me are independent of the national breweries which is a little annoying for me as they tend to buy in beers I don't like. However I have found that most German or Austrian brews are acceptable to my choosy palette.
Your palate (palettes are for paints;) ) does not lie.

'Reinheitsgebot' (or the German Beer Purity Law) 1516 stipulates that German beer can only be brewed using four ingredients: water, malt, hops and yeast. No additives or preservatives just better quality ingredients. I got spoilt when regularly visiting Germany and loved Uerige Doppel Sticke which is a strong Altbier (old beer) akin to a light barley wine.

Black Dragon cider and Penderyn Welsh single malt Whiskey :)
Obviously, not a drop while driving.

Your palate (palettes are for paints;) ) does not lie.
Haha, that will teach me to "edit" using Microsoft paint. At least I didn't spell it as pallet......and well spotted.

Reactions: NigelB

Registered
Yes Black Dragon cider,,very nice,,Been to the Penderyn distillery years ago at their visitor centre,,Brains beer is nice Brains S.A (skull attack lol)

Super Moderator
Thankfully, Penderyn makes it 'over the bridge' and two local supermarkets stock it but Black Dragon and the even nicer Gwynt y Ddraig Gold Medal don't make it this far. You can buy it mail order but the shipping costs are steep.

Registered
I know it鈥檚 拢30 for 12 bottles but not sure the shipping cost,,they make it Pontypridd not far from where I live

They have one on Draught called Dog Dancer

Registered
Looks like my trip back "home" to Scotland this year is still far off . UK positive cases on the increase again and still
the quarantine requirement even for thos of us fully vaccinated.

Looks like my trip back "home" to Scotland this year is still far off . UK positive cases on the increase again and still
the quarantine requirement even for thos of us fully vaccinated.
I won't be thinking about booking any trips abroad for a while. It's my 60th next month and I did have some plans for somewhere exotic or something different.

Super Moderator
The last year has been an absolute swine if you were planning to celebrate.
Ruby Wedding Anniversary. Holiday, trip to see Bryn Terfel, celebration family meal - all cancelled due to lockdown.
Christmas - spent in isolation in hospital due to spinal virus
New Year - do.
65th birthday - do.

So far, 2021, even with all the crap that's going on, is a whole lot better.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts