Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2013 Ford Kuga Tit X AWD Powershift
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here and hope I've posted in the right place 馃槵
Just moving from a mk2 VW Tiguan Rline over to a mk2 2013 Kuga with 60k. Managed to get some serious equity on the VW to get out of finance and pay for the Kuga.
The Kuga has FSH (mostly Ford) , but now I'm worried about the Powershift problems I've read about 馃檲...

Anyway, my new one is below.
Say hi!

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
Hi @Radiooli and welcome to the forum. There have been some issues with the early powershift gearbox. Has the gearbox been serviced in 2016 and 2019.

Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
Welcome to the forum matey.

Have fun....................nice looking motor too 馃憖 馃憖(y)

We also have members who have had no issues with the early powershift but the ones who have had problems all appear to have a similar fault.

I don't wish to cause you any additional concern but it wouldn't be a bad idea to take out an extended warranty that includes the gearbox. The parts that I have seen fail could not be classed as serviceable items or failed due to fair wear and tear.

Reactions: MaoVi

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We also have members who have had no issues with the early powershift but the ones who have had problems all appear to have a similar fault.

I don't wish to cause you any additional concern but it wouldn't be a bad idea to take out an extended warranty that includes the gearbox. The parts that I have seen fail could not be classed as serviceable items or failed due to fair wear and tear.
Sound advice. I shall look at what I'm offered by way of extended warranty (which he did mention) when I collect next week.

Of course, it needs to be comprehensive, and not just cover the gearbox 'casing' for instance!

I am sure it will be fine but best to be covered. As happyarry said it looks a nice motor and appears to have been looked after. In the best colour too not that I am biased.

Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X

Registered
South Wales 馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伔鬆伂鬆伋鬆伩
Hi and welcome to the forum lots of helpful and friendly members here to help you with any questions you have about your kuga as you have already found out,,if you are not after any questions about the kuga just come here for some banter and believe me there are some here with a few members 馃槀,,,and we have a Friday music night,,which is fun,,post some videos of the songs you like 鈥njoy the ride and the forum ,,nice motor by the way馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am sure it will be fine but best to be covered. As happyarry said it looks a nice motor and appears to have been looked after. In the best colour too not that I am biased.
I do wonder if these warrantys are really worth the money. Most, from what I can see, will not pay out if its deemed the fault already existed when I purchaced the vehicle. The problems with the auto box on these Kugas, appear to develop over time and I'd think they know that.
We'll see what I'm offered on pick up.

Haha, black does show up any paintwork imperfections unfortunately, but cheers 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi and welcome to the forum lots of helpful and friendly members here to help you with any questions you have about your kuga as you have already found out,,if you are not after any questions about the kuga just come here for some banter and believe me there are some here with a few members 馃槀,,,and we have a Friday music night,,which is fun,,post some videos of the songs you like 鈥njoy the ride and the forum ,,nice motor by the way馃憤
Haha, I may jump in on that 馃槀
Cheers!

Registered
2016 Kuga, Titanium, 2.0 TDCI (Stage 1 Mapped), Panther Black
Looks fab - love the black on black. I've been considering it for mine....that photo hasn't helped, LOL! :D

Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts