Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen an ad for the new Volvo. What do other Kugans think of it? As usual, it is very expensive by the time you add in all the spec that would come with an equivilent Titanium although it looks rather similar from the rear.
I've had a look at one on the Volvo XC60 Forum and its doesn't look that exciting but sometimes cars look better in the flesh.

The Kuga looks rather Germanic in design to me and I suppose having a Swedish grandmother makes me curious about the Volvo.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The XC60 is a Ford Kuga with the Volvo engine and slight tweeks to the bodythe floor pan and final drive are the same. Would you pay an extra 4k for the base model?????

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I was outside a Volvo showroom just last weekend, & as it happens, there was a very nice white XC90 in the window. I have to say, I did like how it looked. A slightly less edgy Kuga, more curves rather than creases in the panels. Maybe a retired Kuga owner's car?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Daisbuys, i dont think the xc60 will boost productiion in bridgend by much as I think its only the top end XC60that will use the3.0 SI6... so maybe about one a month more???

XC60 has the same powertrain as other volvo cars...and they are mainlymade in skovde!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I must admit that I really like it and especially the interior, but I always have had a weak spot for Volvo (don't know why)

Personally I think it is a bit overpriced otherwise it would have a good chance of becoming a popular model.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The thing about the new XC60, Q5 and X3 is that you look likestupid when you pull up next to there big brother cars eg- XC90, Q7 and X5. Where as the Kuga has no big bro, so in away you are in the best, unless you count that s***e Ranger. Also the Q5 is about £35.000 for a ok model, £10.000 more you could have a Q7, same with the Volvo. At the end of the day the top of the range Freelander 2 is better than the lot of them (apart from the Kuga ha ha).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts