Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST Line PHEV, 19" Wheels with Tech and Winter Packs
30 Posts
Huge respect for this and a great post, you must be very skilled and experienced to even think of this approach.
I agree that the standard speakers sound quality is disappointing and below expectations, but this upgrade is beyond most peoples capabilities. Could you recommend some simple speaker replacements to improve matters?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Huge respect for this and a great post, you must be very skilled and experienced to even think of this approach.
I agree that the standard speakers sound quality is disappointing and below expectations, but this upgrade is beyond most peoples capabilities. Could you recommend some simple speaker replacements to improve matters?
Thanks, I’ve learnt a few things from this… mostly, I’ve learnt I’m too old for this! Having kids massively reduces the ability to lock yourself away for a long weekend and smash it out. When I last did an install, I was driving loads, long distance runs and I was heavily in to music. These days I’m hardly driving anywhere and mostly listen to Radio 2. Hopefully popmaster sounds epic…

That said, when I get a bee in the bonnet. I get stuck in, and when I have a vision, it’s often hard to persuade me otherwise. If nothing else, I fancied a challenge. Folks built pub-sheds in lockdown, I’ve installed some new speakers in my brand new car 😂

Would I do it again? Probably.
Would I recommend it? Probably not.

In terms of improvements with the least amount of grief…. to be honest, replacing the stock speakers with anything ‘updated’ would be noticeable! Much like an aftermarket Headunit can vastly improve ‘naff stock speakers’… the B&O setup can be improved by replacing ‘naff stock speakers’ with something a bit better… I was impressed with how things sounded running off the stock amp… a bit of deadening material and decent speakers seemingly go a long way. A proper DSP with time alignment would also help hugely, the Beosonic EQ helps a little, but it’s not great!

Equally, breaking out the old sub and installing an aftermarket would help.

I went deep end and beyond. I don’t think you need to really!

·
Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
135 Posts
Can I just ask about the rubber liner in the last picture? Is that a Ford item or an aftermarket one?

Looks like what I'm after.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Can I just ask about the rubber liner in the last picture? Is that a Ford item or an aftermarket one?

Looks like what I'm after.
Genuine Ford, £50.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Oh, forgot to say it's been interesting seeing the stages of this installation. As others have said it's more than I'd like to do but would be pleased to complete a project like this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Reactions: Vini

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The car drives as well
The car drives… well

Can only assume it’s the deadening and dampening but the cabin is extra silent now. You can barely here any road noise.

If anything, that put the bigger smile on my face during the maiden voyage.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had a fiesta St-line courtesy car yesterday whilst mine was in for investigation of the "marbles in the engine" issue,
And it had the stock Ford sound system in (not B&O), and it sounded awful.
As much as the B&O system might not be perfect, it's a vast improvement over the stock Ford system (in the fiesta anyway!)

·
Registered
986 Posts
'Simple' speaker swaps may achieve very little. Remember the built in DSP is setup for the OEM speakers. Aftermarket speakers may sound worse as a plug and play exercise.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A bit offtopic question @Vini :
Front passenger door has connector for central lock switch? I am planning to add a central lock switch to the passenger door too but don't know if the connector is there or only for LED? Or LED connector is also serves as central lock switch connector?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
A bit offtopic question @Vini :
Front passenger door has connector for central lock switch? I am planning to add a central lock switch to the passenger door too but don't know if the connector is there or only for LED? Or LED connector is also serves as central lock switch connector?
I only disconnected two connections, LED and Window switch. So would assume the wiring is not present.

Might be easier/better/less hassle to enable auto lock with Forscan?

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's not about during driving but when leaving the car with wife when jumping in to a store. She usually locks the doors, I don't know why they tought to leave the passenger door lock switch of EU market.
It exists for US and Asia....

Other hope could be that control module on door has such input but not used...

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,664 Posts
You just need to add one of these 'Party Thruster' controls, for that finishing touch :p

Tire Automotive tire Bumper Input device Automotive exterior

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,664 Posts
Fantastic - what is the audio controller your lapdog is connected to?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts