Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Why even add Mud Flaps? Our ST Line have been fine without for years now, at least since early 2017.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have only had them on a couple of weeks and they have saved muck going up into the door shuts and the rear of the car too. Horses for courses there is no requirement to have them.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Always had flaps on my cars until I got Titanium X Sport and found they were not available, same as ST Line but now they are and I for one have ordered them, surprising the amount of crap they stop from entering the door shuts and rear wheel arches.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks for posting Valkrider.

I'd be very interested to see photos on a White ST Line. Would like to see images taken from the rear of the mud flap(s) as I note what looks like a chunk of plastic stretching out onto the lovely colour coded trim.

And as per previous comments, I guess these are grey plastic but would look soo much better in black to match the other trim items.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Well mudflaps finally arrived at dealer £64 for full set of 4, was debating whether to colour code to Frozen White or Black to match ST Line bodytrim but decision made for me, they come in Black to match the trim, happy days, just to fit now

·
Registered
80 Posts
Eagerly awaiting pics
They are not showing on my dealers system yet

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Won’t be long, rear ones are fitted and fronts will be done after lunch

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Same thing here, 38 euros (VAT included) for each, both need ordering as they are currently unavailable/out of stock.

Also pondering about color coding them, don't know if it'd be a good idea to paint them white, or if I should go for the piano black of the ST-Line details... :confused:
Eagerly awaiting pics
They are not showing on my dealers system yet
You can order on line at Ford Parts UK, normal dealer price is about £80 but my local dealer price matched

[email protected]

Part Number(s): Front Mudflaps Part Number: 2294536 You Pay: £27.00 Rear Mudflaps Part Number: 2294538 You Pay: £27.00
Part(s) Description:
The front mudflaps are available but the rear ones are referred, we should receive them within 5-7 working days after ordering them in.
Courier: Royal Mail
Parts Price: £64.80
Postage Price: £4.49
Total Payable: £69.29

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
All fitted, simple job took about an hour, nice snug fit

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Phoneman, are they quite straight forward to fit ?
An absolute doddle, took me about an hour and that included removing/refitting wheels, they are a really good fit to the bodykit

·
Registered
471 Posts
Thanks Phoneman that's excellent. smile_big:

And how are they holding up from keeping the crap off the side of the car and under the doors ?

KS.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Many Thanks again Phoneman and Valkrider,

Mudflaps now fitted. Small and subtle :cool:

However those instructions surprise: Has someone at Fords actually attempted to get a Drill with 8mm bit into the required area with the wheel still on !! As Phoneman has said, wheels off to fit these. Also only one existing hole (fixing point) on the rears lines up, everything else is make your own holes for the fixings.

They really don't take long to fit, however whilst you have the wheels off its just another excuse to do some inner wheel cleaning which took longer. wink:

And here's an official link to the Parts on Ford's website -> ford-accessories.co.uk for Kugas from Sept 2016 onwards

Thanks again,

KS

·
Registered
509 Posts
However those instructions surprise: Has someone at Fords actually attempted to get a Drill with 8mm bit into the required area with the wheel still on !! As Phoneman has said, wheels off to fit these. Also only one existing hole (fixing point) on the rears lines up, everything else is make your own holes for the fixings.
As far as i know and seen, you got drills that can go around corners, they even showed these on tvshop (ads for cheap tools and other things not in shops). So sure, if you bought one of them, you can do it with just 2cm space until you hit the wheel.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Although I don't know where exactly we should drill the necessary holes, I'm guessing it's nothing that a Dremel can't handle, even with the wheels on and limited available space to maveuvre it ;)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Anthony, The instructions supplied are easily followed, the holes are 8mm and go into the plastic body trim easily marked and drilled holding mudflaps in position, they locate very well. If you use a drill the wheels need to be off but I think there’s more than enough room if you can use a Dremel type tool
Ronnie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I'm new to this page so sorry if this has already been answered, does anyone know if else will fit the 2016 titanium x sport? I can find ones to fit standard and ST but not the titanium x.
Thanks
T

21 - 40 of 47 Posts