Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ST Line Platinum White. 2.0L Auto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I’m looking for an all black Vignale grille to put onto my ST line, think they are the best looking one IMO!
anyone know where I can get one from

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,167 Posts
Theres a couple on flea bay, not all black as vignale has a chrome effect outer trim, and not cheap though

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres a couple on flea bay, not all black as vignale has a chrome effect outer trim, and not cheap though
I could only seem to find the ones with chrome surround, do you have a link/item number

·
Update Ninja
4,167 Posts
They've all got the chrome surround on the vignale, you would have to black it yourself
Ebay 265360991288

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They've all got the chrome surround on the vignale, you would have to black it yourself
Ebay 265360991288
Ahh right! I had seen this one didn’t know if it was just a particular spec level
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Update Ninja
4,167 Posts
There is an all black gloss one available from China, obviously not a Ford one so the fit may be iffy

Ps, just a small pointer, your post is in MK3 section and car is MK2 uplift, easily done, mods will probably move it for you

·
Registered
Kuga 2020 ST-Line X PHEV Agate Black. (DAP, WP, DCP).
1,006 Posts
This is in the MK3 forums, you are asking about a MK2.5 spec grill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is an all black gloss one available from China, obviously not a Ford one so the fit may be iffy

Ps, just a small pointer, your post is in MK3 section and car is MK2 uplift, easily done, mods will probably move it for you
Thanks for that, I’ll look into it, I’d rather get a Ford one if possible though I think!
Thanks for the tip, didn’t even know I’d posted it in a specific place 🤦‍♀️

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
2,391 Posts
Moved to the correct section,

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
682 Posts
The ebay grille is the best one IMO (but the Ford badge is connected via a clip so can be easily stolen) and the outside edge is chrome which will need wrapping or spraying gloss black to match.
I have the Grille from the Kuga Vignale model bought from Ford new with Ford discount so only cost me around £150 but without discount around £200. The problem is fitting. Ford would probably charge at least £200+ as the whole front bumper needs removing to fit it which is very labour intensive.
Luckily it only cost me £80 cash to a non-Ford dealership garage as when they priced it up they didn't realise it would take so long. That's why most people dont bother in the end.
Also the Vignale grille needs a different grille backing which I didn't need thankfully as the garage just cut out the plastic trim behind to fit it. A bit daunting on a new car but looks good and you can't see any cut plastic from the outside.
There is a similar grille on the Ali Express website (or ebay too) if you just search for Ford Kuga/Escape (US Kuga model) grille which is cheaper and better IMO as it is gloss black but again needs fitting and the edge wrapping. My grille is very dark grey honeycomb but looks black anyway!
I hope this helps.

Reactions: AndyG1995

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ebay grille is the best one IMO (but the Ford badge is connected via a clip so can be easily stolen) and the outside edge is chrome which will need wrapping or spraying gloss black to match.
I have the Grille from the Kuga Vignale model bought from Ford new with Ford discount so only cost me around £150 but without discount around £200. The problem is fitting. Ford would probably charge at least £200+ as the whole front bumper needs removing to fit it which is very labour intensive.
Luckily it only cost me £80 cash to a non-Ford dealership garage as when they priced it up they didn't realise it would take so long. That's why most people dont bother in the end.
Also the Vignale grille needs a different grille backing which I didn't need thankfully as the garage just cut out the plastic trim behind to fit it. A bit daunting on a new car but looks good and you can't see any cut plastic from the outside.
There is a similar grille on the Ali Express website (or ebay too) if you just search for Ford Kuga/Escape (US Kuga model) grille which is cheaper and better IMO as it is gloss black but again needs fitting and the edge wrapping. My grille is very dark grey honeycomb but looks black anyway!
I hope this helps.
Starting to sound much more difficult than first thought! Think I’ll carry on looking into it a do a few other bits and bobs first! Booked in for tail lights smoked middle of this month!

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,799 Posts
That’s why I don’t like mixing two models, well any models up with parts. You’d think that they would all have the same build panels etc but experience from others show it’s a mine field and they are best kept away from.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hope this helps.
Could you share some photos of your work please

·
I am Batman!
682 Posts
Here we go - a front side picture....

Attachments

Reactions: Clarky94

·
Update Ninja
4,167 Posts
That Vignale grill makes a big difference with rest of the blacking, nice

·
I am Batman!
682 Posts
Cheers - Yeah I think so. I'm tempted to buy the gloss black grille but that too will need fitting and wrapping. Not cheap. Tried to keep to the gloss black theme all over with gloss black Wing Vents too to match & gloss black Rally flapz ( now cut down so not so long). Bored now so would love to sell and buy a Focus ST estate petrol and tune that as well. Lol.

Reactions: RonnieM

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,799 Posts
I’m not a black wheels fam but I like that colour and they do go together. The grill reminds me of one of those with big “FORD” letters. I think they come from alibaba.

·
Registered
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 TDCI manual
1,780 Posts
Like to have one of these

·
Registered
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 TDCI manual
1,780 Posts
not sure about this grill

1 - 20 of 30 Posts