Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Thanks Snowman, absolutely no idea what the reviewer was saying, but nice to see the Kuga in unfamiliar surroundings. Same as mine? Well not quite, no roof rails, noT's, no full leather, and no pana roof, however that aside it's identical to my "Avalon " ??? Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bob,
You forgot to mention the colour. It's also a shame there's no decent picture of the rear seats to check for the Seat Back Tray's as well.

Ursus

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the pics were there. It definitely had seat back trays!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Snowman, thanks. Did the highly enthusiastic and bubbly reporter say what kind of tyres this Kuga was using? It was sliding about a lot while on the roads, I thought, and didn't climb far up the pile of cleared snow. I'm going to have to get winter tyres soon, I'm thinking about my choice, Nokian SUV?Bobupandown, this is Electric Blue, on a grey day, so almost the same colour as yours, too!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the video snowman. Have you had any more snow over there as yet ?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi VickAndIzzy.Spotted them just one minute into Video. Trays no problem, have managed to squeeze a coffee table in the back now. Lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quatroxquatro said:
Snowman, thanks. Did the highly enthusiastic and bubbly reporter say what kind of tyres this Kuga was using? It was sliding about a lot while on the roads, I thought, and didn't climb far up the pile of cleared snow. I'm going to have to get winter tyres soon, I'm thinking about my choice, Nokian SUV?Bobupandown, this is Electric Blue, on a grey day, so almost the same colour as yours, too!
Hi Quatrox,
No he didn't mention the tyres but as winter tyres are a legal requirement in Norway he must have had them on the vehicle.

I have had Nokian Hakkapeliitta SUV on my Land Rover (studded) and have found them to be really good. But I'm guessing you aren't allowed studded tyres?

I am probably going to go for Nokian Hakkapeliitta R studless on my Kuga -slightly narrower and on a 17" wheel for better grip in snow and slush. (For you Brits, a smaller wheel, narrower tyre and larger sidewall generally improves the abilities on snow and ice at the cost of less sharp handling on asphalt) However Nokian tyres are generally more designed for the cold of Scandinania and you might be better off with a central european winter tyre which is more aimed at occasional snow use and more for asphalt? Continentals TS 830 got a pretty good review in that respect though not as good as the Nokian on snow and ice.

I'm not sure about the sliding around on the film. A lot of it was provoked and they were driving on slush as well for part of the time which is always slippery compared with a properly frozen winter road. It all looked fairly normal to me. I don't think he tried too hard on that snow wall and partly because the clearance at the front wasn't enough higher up. I wouldn't put too much store in that test because even my Disco 3 wouldn't have gone over that snow wall! (on the other hand my snowmobile would do just fine
)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks for the advice Snowman. You are probably right, I will spend far more time on cold dry roads than on snow when in the mountains skiing in the Pyrenees. I had Nokian WR winter tyres on my Touran for two seasons when living in the Netherlands, but they really didn't see much real snow. But the winter tyre compound makes them much safer in temperatures below 7º C and wet conditions, so are a wise choice for anyone planning to drive during the winter months, inScandinavia, Spain or the UK!And I'd love to try a snowmobile, it's on my checklist for this winter, TBS!

qxq

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok
The WR is actually a tyre designed more for Europe than Scandinavia. Great on the autobahn but crap when it really freezes down (still miles better than any summer tyre however) If in Germany/France I would definitely use WR's or the Conti 830's or similar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
In norwegian Kugas the standard wintertyres delivered with the car is Continental tires, studded or no stud. In this test it was used no studs in the tires.

On the snow he was driving on it's no problem to get the car to slide 

Generally driving through 20-30cm of snow on the road is no problem. 

·
Registered
233 Posts
Snowman,great video shame we don't get the same amount of snow in lower parts of England that last more than a few days before it melts and turns to slush!

Thought we were in for some snow the other night the skies overhead were a nice amber colour but no luck,never mind when it's here all people do is moan about it.(not me love it).
SB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts