Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all, hoping someone on here will be able to help with this. I have a 2011 for kuga 2.0 tdci 6 speed manual with an issue no one can seem to rectify. When you drive the car gently, the problem is least noticeable, however when you accelerate the whole car shakes/vibrates and wants to pull to the right, like you would get from torque steer. All 4 tyres are matching and good, I have had the tracking checked and it is now spot on, both front driveshafts look like new, and there is no movement in the suspension bushes. There is a fault code in the system for rear haldex oil pump, but it does not display a fault on the dash, and I cannot see this causing the car to shake violently under acceleration or make the car pull aggressively to the right. The prop shaft bushes are ok and do not have any excessive play, there are no knocks or bangs coming from anywhere, I’m really racking my brains as to what the problem might be. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Adam

·
Super Moderator
1,783 Posts
If the Haldex is shot then you may have three of four wheels driving or four wheel drive only intermittently which would totally screw the handling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would this also cause the car to shake? Honestly it feels so horrible to drive. Would that also cause the car to pull hard to the right then?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
It would pull hard to the right if you' lost drive to the right hand side. What noise is accompanying it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No noise, just shakes and pulls to the right under heavy acceleration. Would a problem with the haldex make the car shake?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Well yes it could, pulling to the right on acceleration is a 'drive' issue (unless ABS/brake is operating on a wheel) as you mention like torque steer. Half shaft gone but you'd have a heck of din.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See there is no unusual noises, and when you drive the car gently it drives really well! It’s as soon as you load it up and accelerate hard it shakes really bad through the car and wants to put you into the on coming traffic.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
One of those things we'd all need to be there to appreciate the problem. Dont know how the Haldex works East to West i.e across the axle. Does it feel like torque steer i.e the wheel trying to straighten, or just that the car is being pushed right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes most definitely. Is it possible to post videos on here? If so I will try and get one today and put up. I don’t know if the problems are linked, or if it is two different issues with the car. Would taking the propshaft off stop the problem if it was the rear haldex?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Yes most definitely, you mean its trying to straighten up and you can feel that through the wheel or steering vague because its being pushed sideways.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I remember reading about a similar problem, which turned out to be loose mountings on the front subframe.
As you're running out of ideas it may be worth checking all mountings such as engine and transmission.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a partially similar problem. Vibrations under load but without the steering issue. Mines is caused by a knackered throttle body seal to intake manifold. Just in case the vibrations and the steering are unrelated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
With ref to the Haldex system,i had this on my Freelander2 cars(haldex 4th generation)it is a brilliant system,but like all these things it does need servicing.
Landrover say 150k!?!?,by which time it is well out of warranty,oh dear to bad we will fit a new one for £1500)!! many on the FL/2 forum have theirs serviced by Bell engineering in Worcestershire(phone Austin the owner) he may be able to assist,cost around £180 for a full service while you wait. .many others merc/audi bmw etc recommend around every 4th service or so.A lot of people never bother to do it,this is as important as any other service jobs on a car,ignore them at your perill.
its worth a call 01299 266503
have a look at the Website,its very informative and might help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts