Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving along the motorway the other day in my 2011 AWD Diesel Kuga the other day then suddenly the whole front starts vibrating. You can feel it in the floor through the steering wheel etc. So pulled off couldn't see anything so carried on my way but did get the wheels aligned and balanced.

Anyway driving along yesterday it did the same. It seems fine at low speeds but once it gets going on the motorway it has the vibrating going on. It is booked in to the garage tomorrow for them to look at and I have no doubt they will sort it as they are an excellent garage. Just wondered though could anyone give me any ideas what this could be so I know what to be prepared for tomorrow from the garage.

Cheers

·
Registered
2008 Zetec Kuga Mk1
93 Posts
I once had a alloy wheel which had a small micro crack in part of the rim, symptom of which was higher speed vibration and a very slow puncture.

My recommendation swap front and rear wheels. If it remains as is it's most likely part of the suspension system. If it eases (especially on the steering part of the vibration), then it's likely to be a wheel or tyre issue. My mum once had a wheel balance issue caused by mud build up.

·
Registered
2008 Kuga titanium 2.0 TDI
16 Posts
I had something similar and it turned out to be some play in the dual mass flywheel as it was on its way out. if you search for DMF judder then you will see some info,
Sadly if it is this it’s gearbox off and new clutch and DMF so won’t see much change from a 1000,
Good luck and hope it turns out to be ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts