Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was wondering if there are any Kuga owners out there who, like me, are 5"2' in height and under (strange request I know) I'm asking this to see if anyone as problems with driving, reversing, changing wheels etcand generally looking after a car this size and lets face it, it is pretty big.

This will be the biggest car I will have owned and since I'm driving a Fiesta at the moment

I thought it would be good to hear some opinions on the practicalities on what for me is a monster!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi KugaCat
Like you I am only a shortie - 5ft 2. I don't have any trouble with the car the size she is, although I do struggle with reversing - not because of my size but because the windows are so dark I can't see through them very well. I have to admit I feel happier in a bigger car - more secure.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dragon Wings

I certainly agree with you about feeling more secure in a bigger car, I drove a Kuga recently and it felt very good as against the Fiesta which doesnt.

I'm glad too that you can live with a big car because I really want a Kuga, I don't want to compromise, I would regret it for ever more if I did.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Aha! I'm aTALL female. 5'8" and my problem with the Kuga is cleaning the roof! I have already mentioned on a previous post that the way to do it is to open the door, stand on the sills and hang on the roof rails while looking that you are out of control. You then find that the hubby opens the front door, asks what exactly you are doing and then says "Grrr! Let me do it!" Job sorted.
Interestingly though, I have found that I think people expect the Kuga to be driven by a man, don't know why? Is it a womans car or a mans car? Some of the reviews suggest that it is a school run vehicle. What do you male Kugans think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
School Run vehicle?? Pah - no kids here - just me and the missus! I'm 5ft 5" and the wife is 5ft 4" - I don't find it much of a problem getting a good driving position and the wife likes driving it too - the only problem we've found is that our car has so many gadgets it takes two of us to mess around with the heating, radio, sat nav etc!! Can't get hang of voice control just yet!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm a 6ft2 male and still have loads of head room with a good driving postion which I think is great. I can just about reach all of the roof when it comes to washing it as well.

I think though the Kuga isone of those uni-sex vehicles, and can be driven by either without a problem

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies,

Ive gone out and bought myself a sort of step ladder which you can walk on, not sure what you call them! Like a platform. In readiness for ownership! The Kuga will be black so Ive a feeling this item will be well used!

My husband is 6" 2' and he was really impressed with the head and leg room, usually in the Fiesta his legs are pretty much up around his ears. The boot space, for us, is enormous, in fact when we took a test drive I had to climb into the boot to fix my daughter's car seat in properly which gave the salesman a laugh!

I have been a little worried about driving the Kuga through the lanes, most of the time I seem to spend alot of my journey going backwards, but I suppose because the Kuga as seats that pretty much move in any direction I shouldn't have trouble finding the right position.

When it comes to washing the Kuga, the sides, bonnet and rear end will be no problem have no idea about the roof though.

I think it does have a uni-sex appeal but if Ihad to givethe Kuga a gender it would have to be male!!

As anyone had to change a wheel yet?
Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yes, we've had to change a wheel. I had a slow puncture and had to remove the alloyed one to go in for a repair. It was just a straight forward as any other car to remove.The funny lookingspare was absolutely fine for a local journey and the Kuga didn't drive any differently than normal around town with it. I think, however, that it is not recommended for speedy driving.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think your rightCK about the tyre, think they are good to about 50mphbut don't quote me on that.
The wheels and tyres look pretty big on a Kuga they come up to my knees when I stand next to it,well they do on me anyway!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My husband is 6" 2' and he was really impressed with the head and leg room, usually in the Fiesta his legs are pretty much up around his ears.

Well Kugacat - what an interesting picture that brings to mind!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it does doesn't it!!!!!

We have family up in the Peak District and we like to see them when we can, travelling that far in the Fiesta would be torture for someone so tall, the Fiesta is OK for 'pootling' around town but the Kuga is far superior as I'm sure you know.

Have you had your Kuga long Dragon Wings? And do you still miss 'Mavis'?
Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm 6"1 and have found my Kuga the car with the best driving position as I can sit closer to the wheel than in any other car. (Although this is the biggest car I've owned!) My previous car was a 1 Series, which was too low slung, felt like I was going to scrape my a8se on the floor.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Would you describe the Kuga as a big car? I feel it is probably middle sized until it is parked along side others and then it does appear alot chunkier than the rest. Apart from the obvious Range Rover/Jeep things it seems to hold its own.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had Kitty the Kuga since mid December and yes - as much as I love Kitty I do still miss Mavis the Maverick - she was my baby for 5 years!

Rosie who is the other mode of transport owned by the other half just doesn't come anywhere into the equation! She is Rosie the red motorbike (I couldn't think of anything good to go with goldwing)!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts