Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've received a letter this morning stating that pretty much all models that use the 2.0 TDCi engine have a possible issue with the brake vacuum pump and need to be returned to be rectified.

They say the braking system would be good enough to stop you just that the pedal maybe hard to press whilst the car is warming up.

I think I may ask them to look at the poor fuel consumption at the same time see what they say (or dont knowing fords).

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi, I got my letter this morning too. Though I have not had any problems it will be going to the dealer next week. I was waiting for something to happen as I think there is a post about it somewhere, I seem to remember the post saying something along the lines of, 'It could trigger a recall'. I can't find the actual post though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Is this for older 08 models or is it including newer 09s? SupposeI'll just have to wait on my letter then

Please keep us updated on this

Edited by: the Bear

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Mmmm, I've not heard anything yet and mine is one of the 'old' 08 models. Its an ex demo so hopefully they now have it registered with my details

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you check on the VOSA website for vehicle recalls the Kuga do not appear on the list, is it just Ford who have done this recall on a small batch of cars?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi All,
The letter doesn't give any specific vehicle age so I guess it may mean all of them! Not only does it include the Kuga it alsoincludesFocus, Focus CC, C-Max, Mondeo, S-Max and Galaxy all with the 2.0L Durtorq engine.

My Kuga was built at the end of February this year so is on a 09 plate. The Kuga is booked in now so I asked about the recall, was told that they had had 1 Kuga with this brake problem so Ford decided to play safe and recall all of them. Dealer told me not to worry as the manufacturers can still recall cars 14 years after being built. I suppose it is reassuring that the makers are still keeping a 'safety eye' on their customers cars.

Hope this helps to answer a few questions.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My Tit` was built nov 08 but registered march 1st 09 and i have just received my recall notice.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hi all

After reading all the comments about the recall I Phoned the dealer where I bought mine, and they said there was no letter sent out as there is nothing about a recall on theyre system regarding my car. I've got a Nov '08 Titanium 2.0 TDci.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Recieved my letter today too so will be phoning the dealer tomorrow to organise an inspection and replacement part. Edited by: BigG

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got mine today. Mine is a March 09 registered car.

Has anyone had the work carried out? If so, how long did it take and what does it involve?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Dealer told me the work should take around an hour to complete. Im sorry I can't yet tell you what it involves, she will be going in on the 5th of June.I will let you know what happens.My Kuga is going to Swansons in Newton Abbot. Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
368 Posts
Got my letter Saturday ,

Mine has gone in today for her check

I got her in March 09

·
Registered
368 Posts
just had a call from Hubby
its something to do with the power steering ,

not the brakes

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Speedy,

Not only has my Kuga got to go in for it's brakes but also when I got it out garage this morning the car was saying it had a power steering malfunction!!! I could hardly move the wheel, somehow I managed to take my daughter to school. I phoned the dealer and explained the problem, 'oh dear' was the reply, 'we will phone you back later as service is really busy' which of course they didn't.'
The car as been standing all day, went back to it started it and lo and behold the problem had gone!!! To cut a long story short it is a software glitch and has to be plugged up to a computer.

I asked if the vehicle recall problem could be related to the power steering as well as the brakes but they said a definite no. You hear conflicting stories your head ends up spinning!

Hope your Kuga is all well and fit again

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Kuga Cat
my kuga wasn't showing signs of thisIreceived a letter from Ford for a recall

to take it in and have it done ,

luck for me my hubby works at ford so I got his car for the day

hope you get your Kuga sorted out too

·
Registered
418 Posts
The power steering thing is a software glitch as mine does it.

If you switch it off on the button, then press again to restart and are really quick you get the message - had this twice in a year.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
The only thing I could find recall wise that sounds anything similar to this is:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 summary="Vehicle details table" cellPadding=1 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc width="47%">Reference :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder width="53%">R/2007/133</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Manufacturer Ref :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>7C127</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Make:</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>FORD</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Model :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>FOCUS, C-MAX, S-MAX AND GALAXY</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Launch Date :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>05/12/2007</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Numbers Involved :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>17972</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Build Start Date :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>02/11/2005</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Build End Date : </TD>
<TD =fieldborder>30/12/2006</TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 summary="Recall details" cellPadding=1 width="100%">
<T>
<TR =table>
<TD colSpan=2>Recall Details</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc width="47%">Concern :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder width="53%">IN LOW AMBIENT TEMPERATURE HARD BRAKE PEDAL MAY OCCUR </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Description :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>Hard brake pedal may occur in low ambient temperatures which is caused by a non return valve in the vacuum pump sticking. </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD =fielddesc>Remedial Action :</TD>
<TD =fieldborder>Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected to fit a revised non return valve to the brake vacuum pump. </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

But the date is years ago, unless the VOSA site is wrong?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts