Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had my insurance renewal notice. I had the Kuga valued at £23000 when new, but now at 2.5 years, I checked Autotrader and dealer websites and the average price for a Kuga of this age and mileage is £14000.

Should I renew telling ins co that car is now £14000 or stay with 'new' amount?

·
Super Moderator
1,888 Posts
You will only get the market value on a payout anyway so you may as well reduce it to £14,000

It will barely affect the premium, if at all.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Got a bit of a shock insurance wise when changing from my Mazda 6 to the Kuga. Both cars have a 5 star safety rating and the Kuga should be cheaper on parts in an accident. Same size engine with similar HP. The Kuga is an additional £70 a year !!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Got a bit of a shock insurance wise when changing from my Mazda 6 to the Kuga. Both cars have a 5 star safety rating and the Kuga should be cheaper on parts in an accident. Same size engine with similar HP. The Kuga is an additional £70 a year !!
Is that from the same insurer? I found that when changing cars it was more expensive if you stay with the same insurer, but if you shop around it's normally cheaper with a newer car.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Is that from the same insurer? I found that when changing cars it was more expensive if you stay with the same insurer, but if you shop around it's normally cheaper with a newer car.
Yes same insurer. Nothing I could do as I was only 2 months into a new policy and cancellation costs came to just under £65.00. Hopefully the renewal in November will be more favourable.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If anyone is member of IAM or now know as Road Smart No one was able to come anywhere near my renewal of £300 Comp with all the add-ons including breakdown unless anyone knows different please let me know. I tried a lot and most like Aviva quoted £600+ for same cover.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My insurance renewal had gone up by £100 to nearly £500. I phoned and asked if they could do better, before I started shopping round. I ended up with a quote of just over £300 - not bad for a phone call. :)

I changed from Ford Insure 2 years ago when they wanted £600! I had been with them for a long time too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts