Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has just been announced on the local news, here in Spain, due to lack of orders the Ford factory, which makes the Kuga, will be closing for a month on 15th December. Hopefully no one will have an excessive wait for their new Kuga.

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
867 Posts
I wonder if this is because of Covid-19 or a general downturn in sales for Ford :unsure:

·
2,997 Posts
Wouldn't they normally close sometime over the Xmas/ New Year period?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They normally close for 2 weeks in January over 3Kings. This year the closeure has been brought forward and for longer due to lack of demand for the Kuga according to the news and press.

Reactions: murcod

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
As someone who has enjoyed 5 new Kuga's since launch, when changing this time, it's rather regrettable that I took the view that the FMC had developed a not so tall bland Focus/Kuga and as a result I made a decision to choose something different, and so far, 4 month's on the only Ford feature I miss if I was completely honest is the, "Quick Clear" windscreen.

Not sure if KOC members will agree but for me personally previous MK 1/2 Kuga's in terms of the design stood out from the rest of the Ford range, sadly for Ford in my opinion it's a missed opportunity they appear to have followed this whole corporate, "looky likey" image and if the "lack of demand" for the new Focus/Kuga is true then in the future Ford's design team should, "steer well clear" of creating carbon copies of other vehicles in their range but be a little more creative, having said all that, I'm sure the all new taller Focus/Kuga will I suspect be a popular vehicle, like all new models including the original Kuga it takes time for us to see a new model out on the road in any great numbers.

Take care.

Bob.

·
2,997 Posts
This year the closeure has been brought forward and for longer due to lack of demand for the Kuga according to the news and press.
They've only just been released in Australia (the new model update.) They've gotten rid of the diesel and petrol 1.5l EcoBoost options- so the only choice is the 2.0l EcoBoost petrol with 8 spd auto. I don't see them selling well as they're priced high. AWD is now an option with the 2.0l EcoBoost- you could only get it with AWD in the previous models. Needless to say, people are commenting on torque steer and tyres squealing/ loss of traction even in dry conditions. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1 Posts
It has just been announced on the local news, here in Spain, due to lack of orders the Ford factory, which makes the Kuga, will be closing for a month on 15th December. Hopefully no one will have an excessive wait for their new Kuga.
Thanks for this , That explains why my Kuga came out of paint on 12 dec and still is in Paint off line !!.
Into Trim & Final next week, and hopefully gate released by 22nd January

1 - 8 of 8 Posts