Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
379 Posts
I put my car in webuyanycar And the price came back as more than £2500 more than I paid for it 2 yrs ago.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,706 Posts
Should that not be "there" and not their or is wez speak different like, ya knows.

Reactions: Ozekuga

·
6,706 Posts
I put my car in webuyanycar And the price came back as more than £2500 more than I paid for it 2 yrs ago.
Mine has gone up by £700 since I checked it at the beginning of last month. If it carries on like this my car will be making more money than my house. Ridiculous times and it will be interesting to see what happens. I have already stopped buying timber / timber related products, as an example, as it's now twice the price it was 12 months ago.

Rising prices will just stop people buying which isn't good for the economy.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,485 Posts
Just checked mine again with we buy any car and motorway gone up £1,400 since last month,

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
3,798 Posts
If they keep going up like this, we’ll be able to pay our gas n leccy bills 🤣🤣

·
Registered
2019 ST Line Edition AWD 180 Diesel
274 Posts
TBH i am seriously thinking about letting mine go, 3k profit in a yr is good going IMHO
I am lucky as in i don't need a car mine is only used for weekends and holidays and i have very good
works motor that i can use for personal.
I think the bubble will burst soon and prices will start to drop again, What has happened i think is
between brexit and covid people held off buying new stuff so 1-2 yr old stuff is hard to find ATM
so i fell it may be time to cash in then wait a yr and let the prices settle back down before buying again.
My daughter bought a brand new seat leon Black edition at a stupidly low price new last march ( 7k off list price)
she has been offered 8k more than she paid its just getting crazy ATM

·
6,706 Posts
Whilst there may be a delay on new cars I am not 100% convinced that is the reason for second hand cars increasing in value. If you think about why you want a new car then why would you want to settle for anything else unless it was nearly new. Ok so you my have to wait for 3 months but then many of us do that anyway at certain times of the year to wait for the new registration.

Prices are being driven up on everything and whilst a proportion of that is due to Brexit on goods imported from the EU, other counties are being hit too. Shipping from China for example is 6 times more expensive for a container now than it was 18 months ago. Makes you wonder who or what is driving the prices up to make up the shortfall possibly lost in the pandemic and not every product increases in price due to demand. Still plenty of used cars available on the forecourts.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,991 Posts
Whilst having a good old nosey on tebay , I saw a white kuga mk 2.5 on an 18 plate with 26k for £28,550!

I can’t find it now but came across another 18 plate vignale with 25k for £25,500!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Would love to chop mine in, but does a job and to hunt for something similar means more cash out and how rare are the 180 manuals now?

I also have class 1 hgv, done the medical, going to be bored soon to gain CPC, so the so called wheelbarrow wages to come could be Kuga tokens. The reason I stopped trucking was poor wages/ work life balance, so went building swimming pools & plumbing instead. Two or three days a week would do me.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,485 Posts
I have been thinking of changing mine at the end of the year,,so been looking to see what’s out there for a few months,,,can’t seem to find 180 iAWD manual,,like mad skier said how rare are they now?…I have a 2017 model was looking for something like a 2019 model,,,but I think I will keep mine now.if the prices keep going up I will be paying much more for another one,,I think it might be better of paying off what I owe on mine and keep it.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,991 Posts
That’s what I’ve just done.

I was just waxing the kuga this morning when a neighbour from around the corner came up with their young baby in the push chair trying to settle her.
I told him I’d been looking at other motors and he said he like to buy it if I sell, as he knows it’s history and how I keep up to it. I told him how how much it had been valued at and he just shrugged his shoulder. !

·
Super Moderator
2,605 Posts
My brother in law has driven Jaguars for as long as I can remember. He was in the market for an XF to replace the one he has as the XF is due to be dropped. He found the only stock one after three months of occasionally looking round and was delighted when he was offered £5500 more for his old car than in May 2021.

·
6,706 Posts
Would love to chop mine in, but does a job and to hunt for something similar means more cash out and how rare are the 180 manuals now?

I also have class 1 hgv, done the medical, going to be bored soon to gain CPC, so the so called wheelbarrow wages to come could be Kuga tokens. The reason I stopped trucking was poor wages/ work life balance, so went building swimming pools & plumbing instead. Two or three days a week would do me.
I would do your ADR or whatever it's called these days. BP are short on drivers allegedly. No issues in my home city and its overrun with BP on one side of the city. Even people on Facebook saying what's the problem. No doubt in some areas it is but the media are just scaring people.

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
2,991 Posts
All was ok til the media mentioned it on TV , from then on it went silly.

·
Super Moderator
2,605 Posts
I really don't know what it is with the media.

Last week there was a tragic murder of a woman walking alone in London and the police have arrested a man.

Suddenly "no woman is safe", " all men are potential murderers". Roll out the usual 'expert commentators' to create panic and hatred.

·
6,706 Posts
I would do your ADR or whatever it's called these days. BP are short on drivers allegedly. No issues in my home city and its overrun with BP on one side of the city. Even people on Facebook saying what's the problem. No doubt in some areas it is but the media are just scaring people.
Update on my earlier post. One BP garage in Hull out of fuel. No problem at Asda as I filled up there this morning and yes I did need fuel. No queues and went straight to the pump. Out and about today showed zero queues at the three other BP garages close to me and no queues at Esso or Sainsbury's.

Looks like it's a BP issue.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,485 Posts
Well I had a settlement figure for mine today, But not up until December,,so I'm Going to pay it off and keep the Kuga.As the prices for second hand are high....What mod's can i put on it now :unsure:

Reactions: b road blaster

·
6,706 Posts
What mod's can i put on it now :unsure:
Looking at your signature I think you have them all already. Looks to be a nice spec. I assume you have the 18" wheels.

·
Registered
South Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
1,485 Posts
standard 17" wheels on mine,the extras on mine were already on it and factory fitted .,the mods I meant was like side steps,LED lights (Not Headlights,,MOT Laws).Was thinking of remap,,but dont think I will bother I think 180 is fine

41 - 60 of 70 Posts