Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been investigating the Kuga today - how cool are the headlight washers?!! I have the single cd sony which is a bit of a downer, and don't appear to have the usb socket in the armrest cubby. Does any one know if this can be fitted retrospectively? (if that's the right word?) if not has anyone fitted a multi disc changer?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi TeuchterI have Sony Dab single CD player (poor)Unfortunately no USB ordered and sadlynone fitted, justa 3.5mm conn(for I-pod) under armrest, which I have to sayis not spectacular, but works with a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male fly lead. I have not read anything on USB retro fits on KOC but if it's been done, I'm sure members willsteer you in right direction.Good Luck. Bob.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Bob,
I have been using the 3.5mm Aux socket, but I have to remind myself to switch off the mp3 player (a Zen) or the battery is constantly flat...

·
Registered
73 Posts
My stock Kuga (not yet delivered) just had the 3.5mm socket although it has the Sony with bluetooth etc. (Swedish specs are different). I enquired about retrofitting and they spent a lot of time at the dealers enquiring and consulting Ford technicians. Apparently it requires a new cable assembly and quite a lot of dissassembly -I gave up realising what it all was likely to cost. Possible but expensive. Shame since I am a dedicated iPhone and iPod user. However 5 grand off the cost of a fully specced car was difficult to give up for the USB...

·
Registered
328 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts