Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience (DIY or Dealer) of changing the USB socket under the armrest? Mine has either broken or has something wedged in the bottom - a usb stick won't go in far enough to register properly. It goes down far enough to get an intermittent connection, but 'intermittent' may as well be not at all!

Also.. I saw a comment on here somewhere about there being TWO usb ports on a Mk2 (mines a Titanium) - where is the second one or was the poster referring to usb 2.0 or just plain wrong?

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
Mine has two (side-by-side) in the armrest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has two (side-by-side) in the armrest.
I assume from yours being a '2018' that it's a Mk3? There's definitely not 2 side by side on my Mk2 .. I'd have noticed that!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same as NigelB two side by side in the armrest 2016 Tit X Sport

·
Super Moderator
2,188 Posts
I assume from yours being a '2018' that it's a Mk3? There's definitely not 2 side by side on my Mk2 .. I'd have noticed that!
No, it a facelift Mk2 (a Mk2.5 if you like) the Mk3 is the new (2020) model.

Guess they must have changed it for the Mk2.5

·
Registered
312 Posts
Also 2 side by side , 2017 tit ( but built for the Dutch market ).

·
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
205 Posts
If you have Sync 1, then you only have 1 USB socket. Sync 2 has 2 USB & the SD card slot, Sync 3 has mostly 2 USB.

Sounds like you have Sync 1, the USB socket is part of the console loom, it doesn't have a plug on it so you will need to change the whole loom. It connects to the main dash loom at the front of the drivers side footwell, straight down from the heater controls.

You will need to remove the gearstick surround, the side panel and the centre part of the console including the cup holders to get the loom out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have Sync 1, then you only have 1 USB socket. Sync 2 has 2 USB & the SD card slot, Sync 3 has mostly 2 USB.

Sounds like you have Sync 1, the USB socket is part of the console loom, it doesn't have a plug on it so you will need to change the whole loom. It connects to the main dash loom at the front of the drivers side footwell, straight down from the heater controls.

You will need to remove the gearstick surround, the side panel and the centre part of the console including the cup holders to get the loom out. View attachment 4018
Well that's not going to happen, so I'll carry on burning MP3s to CDs! Cheers for the info - confirms what I have come to expect. I think I'll stick to 10 minute jobs, like fitting the smoked lens progressive LED repeater indicators on the mirrors - they do look good too.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Mines a 2017 titanium I have 2 usb sockets under the arm rest side by side .

Ross

·
Registered
ST-Line Edition
241 Posts
My 2014 Tit X Sport had one and my 2019 ST-Line Edition has two side by side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts