Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going through the process of installing the USB port and associated functionality on my Kuga. I have the Sony unit (non DAB) but it didn't have the USB option on the car I purchased. According to Inchcape Bracknell it should be possible to install but it's a case of guesswork, trial and error at the moment. I have ordered the parts (plastic ""tray""� with a hole for the USB socket and the USB ""socket""� itself. Hoping that this comes with the wires as this should be a good indicator if there is an existing circuit to plug into.

Will provide part numbers and info should I be successful ˜º

·
Registered
19 Posts
Black pantha would love to get the part numbers as the selling dealer (Archers) and my local dealer here in NI have pretty much told me it can't be done. Would love to be able to control the iPod from the wheel as it is a pain in the glovebox, keep forgetting to turn it off and the battery goes flat

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have an iPod, Belkin and Airclick.

Belkin plugs in the lighter socket and powers the iPod from the dock socket and amplifies the sound, it has a 3.5mm jack socket that I connect to the AUX. Finally, the airclick is a wireless remote that when you shuffle songs allows you to control ffwd, rew etc.

Not quite the USB as you would need the screen to select albums, but if you use shuffle/playlists it is fine.

Ipod lives in the armrest.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Great thanks i've ordered it from the beginning, they simply forgot. So it will be interesting to hear how much of a work it is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...it's like pulling teeth!The parts display screen in my local Ford dealers (Inchcape Bracknell) is not the clearest or most intuitive piece of software that I have ever seen and they are having trouble locating the USB connector. I have ordered a number of cables which "may or may not" be the ones I need which will be available on Friday 30th. I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmmmm

Sounds remarkably similar to my experience. So far the only one I have got that fits is the one from the ipod to the, to the, to the, well I have yet to find that out

Best of luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was thinking about getting the USB fitted to my Kuga, I am hoping youmanage to get it working. I have been looking at this link http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/776290/tp/18/where they are trying to retro fit USB, do you know if the process is similar to where they have to pruchase a new BT/VC with USB module, I am hoping for us its justcase of locating a hidden usb connector somewhere (under the glovebox?) and plug in an extension cable.

Good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have tried. They claimed that they need to change the full cable pack. A total cost of 800 Euros in Sweden ... so i did'nt do it ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts