Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully connected a USB Hard Drive and if so, what size and type? I have only seen only 1 post mention theirs did not work but it did not say wht size it was, the brochure does make mention of size limits but nothing specific.

Ursus

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kuga59black,
Yeah, I have got a 16Gb stick which was about £18. I am gonna need another 1 or 2 possibly. Memory sticks are expensive per Gb compared to a HD. Makro were advertising a 500Gb Western Digital portable USB HD for £59.99 + V.A.T. A lot cheaper per Gb. I have my old 40Gb laptop HD sitting doing nothing and a USB housing is only about £12 so think I might give that a try when the car arrives.

Ursus.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been messing about with a USB stick today. Downloaded some freebie software to convert M4A files to MP3, so I can convert songs from my iTunes library to the USB stick. Works fine, sound is ok. Will collect a properMP3/USB "Y" lead next week, so will see if the sound is better direct from the iTouch.

I dismissed the USB HDD as some need an additional USB for power.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Apparently Kingston (Data Traveler 200) have a 128 gig memory stick out, in the US, $420. Said it before,for music etc cheaper and far better to buythe brand newI-pod Classic with a 160GB H/D. Just fillling up my 64GB Touch. 128GB I-Pod Touch? Next Year! Next year?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SILICA666,
Thanks for the feedback. As it was lying around can I assume it is of the PATA IDE type rather than the newer SATA variety?

Regards
Ursus

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SILICA666,
Many thanks once again for the feedback. Think I will buy a decent caddy and use my old laptop drive whilst keeping my eye open for a larger one, 120Gb should be ample.

Ursus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts