Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my Kuga, I forgot to order the USB control option for my ipod and am now kicking myself. Line in audio is great, but would love to be able to control the iPod from the steering wheel and coice controls....

Doesn anyone know whether USB is/will be made a dealer fit accessory option?

Cheers

Terry

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi tezzer

Not sure, but I posted this thread earlier:

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=87

Slighly different circumstances, in that my USB port order was not fitted to my car. But the dealer says they will fit this for me. I'm guessing its some kind of interface module that plugs into the back of the audio unit and has a trailing cable with a female socket leading into the central armrest where it´s supposed to be, across from the aux in jack. The USB as an option is only available with Bluetooth and voice control though.

Mine is missing and is to be fitted, so the dealer might be able to order it for you, it's probably worth asking anyway.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Blaupunkt seem to be the supplier to Ford if you have a non-Sony head. But is it the 5 inch screen Nav option? Anyway, Blaupunkt seem to have a plugin interface for iPod and USB support:

<TABLE ="dark marginThin"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
<H3>IF Apple® iPod / USB CnC </H3></TD>
<TD style="BORDER-LEFT: #3981b1 1px solid" colSpan=2> </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>

Art.-Nr.:7607541520001</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Which is in their online shop (in German!). Maybe worth dropping them an email here instead:

[email protected]

To see if they can help. Let us know the outcome

Edited by: quatroxquatro

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my Kuga last week Friday. I orderd the Titanium with the USB controls etc... The car was delivered with a third party Bluetooth system and no USB connector and voice control. When enquiring about it the Ford dealer told me that they had been having trouble with the voice control and bluetooth device and dont install them in the cars.

My USB port is supposebly on order and can be slotted into the car.. yet to get final answear yet though

speak to ya dealer, they seemed pretty certain it could be fitted

·
Registered
61 Posts
Skeg said:
I got my Kuga last week Friday. I orderd the Titanium with the USB controls etc... The car was delivered with a third party Bluetooth system and no USB connector and voice control. When enquiring about it the Ford dealer told me that they had been having trouble with the voice control and bluetooth device and dont install them in the cars.

My USB port is supposebly on order and can be slotted into the car.. yet to get final answear yet though

speak to ya dealer, they seemed pretty certain it could be fitted

Sounds like your dealer is pulling your leg. More like they couldn't get hold of one with Bluetooth so decided to fit a 3rd party version themselves.

I've now had 3 Fords with a factory fitSony Headunit and Bluetooth (2 Focus ST-3's and now the Kuga). Each year they get better and better - and I use an HTC TytnII as my mobile and it even reads its address book with the version in the Kuga.... something the version in my ST couldn't do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys my dealer ordered the USB interface for me today. Left the dealer a bit confused as it only cost me £20.20 for the lead and the parts guys said it will come with full instructions and is easy to fit.

Watch this sapce..................

·
Registered
418 Posts
bigtaz - do you have the Sony headunit or the ford one in the Zetec?

be great if it is the Zetec as I am keen on a usb lead for my ipod as I have advanced bluetooth/voice control.

let us know how you get on and part numbers.

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cornish
Awee update. Got the lead I ordered today but although I will need it, I also need another one. The lead I got is the one shown in the brouchure around page 16, but it only connects to a USB port in the glove box (which I don't have). Dealer has ordered another lead that will hopefully fit into the Voice Control box which appears to be located below the drinks holder/gearstick.

Dealer thinks that iPod add oncan only be done on a Sony head unit buthe will try and find out more and supply part numbers once all is working (or not)

Will keep all updated as the plot thickens.

PS Cornish sent you a PM about connecting a Blackberry and tranferring the address book. I can connect my BB 8100 Pearl but can't transfer numbers etc. Any advice?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a 3rd party Ipod connetor installed into my Kuga, Was the first to be done so they werent quite sure how it was going to work, but it fantastic, come with a remote to control it, still works through your sony system and picks up all the play list. next time im in the car ill get the model and detail of it I didnt pay for mine so no idea what it cost and my car was supposed to have it in but was never deliverd with it. so thue put this in for free, unfortunate part is that its in the glove compartment and not the centre arm rest now. by the way i use it with my iphone 3g (though it doesnt charge it), I have connected my normal ipod into it as well and it works,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Guys,
I too would like to get the full speed ipod connection in my Kuga. While the 35mm jack is ok I would really like full speed. As I only have the Zetec with the 6000 CD system I dont think this is possible.

What I would like to know from those of you with the Sony system is what is the Model code/ part number of the Sony system?

There are a few on ebay at the moment for reasonable money so I may upgrade to the Sony.

Another option is to fit an aftermarket (Alpine, Kenwood etc)double din system with all the extras like DVD, Ipod, bluetooth etc.

Does anyone know if a standard Double Din system will go straight in with the correct ISO connectors?

Many Thanks for any help you can give.

Graham.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts