Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2015 (65) 2.0 Titanium (GREY)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I'm new here . Picked up my new Kuga yesterday (31st). Got home and went online to get an update for the SYNC. But when plugging the USB in the port its not recognising anything unfortunately. Tried a different USB with music on and still seems no power. Cigarette lighter works. So hope someone can shed some light on this for me? Looking forward to going through the fourms. Thanks all! Jay

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Jay welcome to the forum,lots of helpful and friendly members on here to help you with any questions you might have about the your kuga..
Did you buy it from a dealer or private?..if from a dealer I would take it back,,but I’m sure someone here could help you with your problem,,,is the USB formated to the correct format?.is the USB a good brand?.

Reactions: andspenka

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Its from a dealer but I got it from Manchester and live in Bristol so it's not so easy to take it back unfortunately. The USB is a SanDisk it's only about a week old. I have used it before and it's worked fine in my old car. Its in the correct format. Also tried a few different ones to make sure but no luck :( cheers

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I know what you mean it is a bit far away,,I’m positive someone here will be along shortly to help you with your problem,sorry I couldn’t be more helpful

Ross

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I said new but its 2015 65 plate. Its like a new car too me lol. Apologies.

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,288 Posts
Hi & Welcome to the forum.

In all honesty, the update for Sync 2 isn't worth worrying about. It won't give you anything different or better.

As Ross has suggested above, please read the following thread regarding your signature..... Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,569 Posts
We had this before on sync not reading usb sticks. Was something to do with the partition type not whether is exFAT or fat32.

Found it. Have a read here from thread #13

I took andspenka's advice and didn't bother updating my sync2 from 3.08 but if you want to have music on your usb stick then you will need it to be able to read it.

I know the link I referred to is sync 3 but same issue could apply for sync 2 not reading some sticks. I have this on my works surface pro where it won't read my SanDisk ultra, yet plug it into my laptop and it reads it fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply guys. Been so busy with work. Aint had anytime on the kuga. Never good when you get a new motor you just want to have a play around! . I haven't tried the reboot never heard of it . Never had a ford to be honest. Just come from a bmw 3 series 13 as needed something bigger but hate the bmw suvs. What does the reset involve? The dealer I got it from said I need to do it myself but I'm sure there's a years warranty on it. I'm just too nice and say okay !!

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
It's basically just a refresh, it will restore it back to factory. You would need to re-pair your phone and sat nav favourites etc.

in the menu, there should be an option for master reset.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awsome thanks for the info I will check it out. Been through the menu only brief haven't noticed a factory reset though. Could you tell me what part of the menu its at ? Cheers pal

·
Super Moderator
1,288 Posts
It's in System>Master Reset, page 12 in this guide.

Attachments

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,569 Posts
Have you tried sticking a usb lead in the socket and connect it to your phone and see it charges.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,569 Posts
Can we determine if it's sync 1 or 2. Some 65 plate and even some 16 plates had sync 1.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah it doesn't work unfortunately. Not sure what else I can try. It's under a year warranty but i feel bad mentioning just a usb

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,569 Posts
Yeah it doesn't work unfortunately. Not sure what else I can try. It's under a year warranty but i feel bad mentioning just a usb
Ok have you got sync 1 or sync 2. The picture below shows sync 1 on the left and although the picture on the right is sync 3, sync 2 has a similar 8" screen.
Screenshot_20210204-211527.png

1 - 20 of 29 Posts