Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Has anyone upgraded the head unit on the Kuga yet?

Reason I am asking is that I am not keen on the basic single cd head unit in the Zetec, and was wondering if there was a cheaper/better alternative out there to the Sony 6cd unit?

Any recommendations welcomed, and pics would be fantastic!

Cheers all.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not yet, but when it is delivered I will install a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT.
I have already bought it with all necessary cables and materials.
When my Kuga is delivered in week 1 or 2 2009 I will install it on day 1.
It is only a 30 minutes job.
I will take pictures then and post them here!

·
Registered
295 Posts
you can buy them in any car accessory store and they can be original from Pioneer or any other brand they have.

http://www.pioneer.nl/nl/products/25/38/18216/12.301114-04/specs.html

this is from the Dutch Pioneer site but it should be on the UK site too.

Or just google
<h1>12.301114-03, 12.301114-04, 12.301114-05 or
</h1>
<h1>12.331114-03, 12.331114-04, 12.331114-05</h1>

·
Registered
73 Posts
daisbuys said:
Where can I get one of those from? Are they direct from ford? If so. I should be able to get a finis number for it, unless you have one mate?

You can get a single din facia from Ford. The space left over turns into an oddments tray. Ford do a version for all their cars that use a double din slot ....... you get a discount too for employee

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi mouse
im also thinking of getting the pioneer set up for the car and wondered if you would mind listing all the cables and materials you have bought to do the job - do you need new autoleads etc?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Clarco,
build in the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT yesterday in my new Kuga.
very easy job that only took 30 minutes.

First I asked the Ford dealer to remove my 6000CD radio/cd unit.

then I installed this: http://www.pioneer.nl/nl/products/25/38/18216/12.301114-04/specs.html (available in different colours, see also my post above).

then you also need this: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/18211/CA-R-PI.962AE/index.html (this goes from FAKRA to ISO (din) and it has a box with chip that takes care of the original steering wheel controls (these keep working!!)).

Finally you also need a small antenna adapter: http://www.carmedia.nl/catalog/product_info.php/pName/antenne-adapter-3/manufacturers_id/62 (only a few euro's).

I will post some pictures later (my wife took the car again
)!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
thats great, thanks mate
im going to buy one next week i think. How and where did you mount the external gps antenna? thats the only bit im a bit put off about installing but is it relatively easy?
where did you get the fascia from? was it that link you sent me?
would love to see some pics if you get time

cheers

·
Registered
295 Posts
gps antenna is easy. just put it somewhere under your dashboard behind the radio.
its signal goes through the plastic/rubber. make sure it has metal under it (for the signal).

fascia? what is it? don't understand what you exactly mean.

pictures will be posted asap, but I am very busy at the moment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i currently have a tomtom and because of the anti reflective glass it takes forver to get a gps signal lock. Is this not a problem with the pioneer system? i presume you have no signal issues?
did you buy the fascia from ford or pioneer?

thanks for all your help

·
Registered
295 Posts
No GPS antenna issues at all (no problems with reflecting glass).
I don't know if the UK version has heated (front) glass but this could really be a problem!

The Fakra/ISO adapter with CANBUS I bought from Pioneer (local car accessory store).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes have got heated front glass
Will this block the gps signal?
Is there anyway of externally mounting the gps antenna?
Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
don't know, I am not an expert but have heard of people with problem with radardetectors and TomTom's.
I don't have heated front glass so no problems!

ask other Ford drivers on a navigation Forum!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Makes the standard 7" Touch Screen graphics look pretty lame, compared to the wizzy Pioneer ones. The AC controls are so different, too. Not a bad job at all mouse, but to be just a bit picky, I would have preferred to see an silver/aluminium coloured bezel and facia. But nice, neat job

1 - 19 of 19 Posts