Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.has anyone upgraded there headlight bulbs to led.im looking for an upgrade without cutting or modding the light unit so hids are out.
Thanks

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
What model Kuga have you got, so type of headlights.

In the past I've never advocated even trying replacing headlight lamps because they were so really poor and while people were quiet happy to fit them to match their Bi Xenon lamps, the light output was ridiculously poor, but I have fitted these H1 replacements for the main beam on my Kuga which has Bi Xenon headlights. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/h1-led-headlight-bulbs/

They actually do what the spec says regards light output and they have an inbuilt current regulator to maintain light output so they don't change in brightness as the Kuga charging voltage changes, and more important is that the regulator does not emit any radio interference even when running at 24V.

There was enough room and clearance in the headlights to fit them, though a bit fiddly with the headlight on the car.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
OK, well have a look at that link. I wouldn't expect to be paying much less for LED lamps that provide such high output and have obviously thought about the construction and power requirements. On the H1 it has only 2 LEDs and they are positioned in exactly the same position as the filament would be on a filament lamp, so they are trying to imitate the lamp, this may help if your looking at changing the dip beam lamps and trying to achieve minimal scatter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts