Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Can anyone advise if it is possible to upgrade from the standard CD player in the zetec to the Sony DAB? I requested this option when I purchased my Zetec, it has arrived today, only it arrived with standard radio, not very impressed at all! Sales manager off today, will be getting an ear bashing tomorrow, other than that big disappointment, would agree with others on here, the footwell carpets are not brilliant, also had some trim damage on mine, otherwise at the moment I am happy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
All parts are easily retrofitted - you just need to decide whether you want the single or the 6 disc DAB headunit!

Should need 5 items

DAB headunit
DAB Aerial
DAB Aerial base
DAB dual input coax x 2 (the cable comes in 2 parts) including a dual input lead for both radio signals

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Have to say very disappointedwith Sony DAB (single) fitted to Titanium, continually drops signal. Ironically far better on FM . . . what say you?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would check the connection between coax and aerial Bob - had a similar problem myself and it was just the nut that holds the aerial to the roof that had come loose!

To make that sound a little more straight forward - the coax is held onto the aerial base with a small nut - that in turn keeps the aerial base held firm against the roof and thus promotes a stronger signal (the car amplifies the signal)
Edited by: Kuga Jon

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Kuga Jon Thanks for your swift response matey, will check aerial security. Curiously FM is absolutely brilliant. Dealer told me, problem is cosI live within a very poor transmitter zone? and apparently ifone of myteeth falls out and I put it under my pillow . . . . bla bla bla. Lol. Thanks again Jon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts