Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kuga ST-Line. Petrol.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have successfuly updated Sync 3. I have just a couple of questions regarding updating my map.
Rectangle Font Circle Brand Paper product

I have downloaded the above files to a USB stick. Does it matter that I have other "stuff" on the stick?
Secondly why does the engine have to be running to load this up?

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
Download
Unzip the files.
Place all the items downloaded onto the 64gb formatted USB.
Yes engine running or do it whilst on a ride.

Full details on how to do are Found by using the “search bar”

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
In fact here you are, this is one of many threads on that matter.

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
698 Posts
I have successfuly updated Sync 3. I have just a couple of questions regarding updating my map.
View attachment 12870
I have downloaded the above files to a USB stick. Does it matter that I have other "stuff" on the stick?
Secondly why does the engine have to be running to load this up?
yes it matters. no other stuff should be present on the USB Stuck. Ford guidance states ONLY SYNC FILES on a ex-fat formatted USB stick. The engine needs to be running because updating maps is a long install that will probably flatten the battery if the ignition is on but the engine isn’t running.

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I,ve double checked it is definitely Sync 3. However I have just tried to upgrade my map but it is not seeing the USB flash drive. I maybe need to start over.

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
Close car down and try again.
insert with engine running, no go. Yet with engine off and start up.
No go maybe download again.

@Jools. Best answer Admins question as well. Post #8. 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try again tomorrow. As previously mentioned I successfuly updated Sync to Version 3.4 Build 21194. This was done yesterday over Wi-Fi. When trying to follow instructions on the Ford update website it is asking for a logfile to upload. This I don't have. Would a logfile be automatically uploaded via Wi-Fi? If so how long does it take Ford to update records?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the question that I am supposed to anwer? I am new to this site & find it a little confusing in comparison to other forums that I have used in the past.

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
698 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
What is the question that I am supposed to anwer? I am new to this site & find it a little confusing in comparison to other forums that I have used in the past.
This is why we should have only one thread running.
Admin has closed down the other thread where he has asked you confirm what car and what year it is.
I’ve obviously read the other thread then become distracted, re-entered the site and posted on here.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
I totally understand. Thanks anyway.
Just to pick up on your question, Ford's servers can take weeks, if not months, to update. I gave up on the updates on my previous Kuga as the process was not fit for purpose and a stream of updates were simply not offered,

Reactions: Psshaw

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
Back on thread, the times I have downloaded it into the car and then walked to the house to upload the file log, and it had already been done.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,573 Posts
Wonder how this will work for mine when I remove my sync 2 screen and replace with sync 3 as if it's VIN specific for the log file, that is going to confuse ford servers seeing as my VIN will point to a sync 1 car. I have the VIN for the sync 3 screen I bought so have already downloaded the latest sync update for the sync 3 screen purchased. I may need some assistance.

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
Crickey, don’t ask me I’ve no idea and if your stumped, I can think of three others that may help and no it’s not International Rescue.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,573 Posts
Crickey, don’t ask me I’ve no idea and if your stumped, I can think of three others that may help and no it’s not International Rescue.
Yeah I know who to ask lol but wanted to find out myself why some have problems with the updates and some don't. If I can amend the xtml file with the VIN of the donor car I should be able to download the maps. It's not like the original car is going to need them anymore.

·
Administrator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
3,642 Posts
Wonder how this will work for mine when I remove my sync 2 screen and replace with sync 3 as if it's VIN specific for the log file, that is going to confuse ford servers seeing as my VIN will point to a sync 1 car. I have the VIN for the sync 3 screen I bought so have already downloaded the latest sync update for the sync 3 screen purchased. I may need some assistance.
Don't worry about that, I'll show you the right way to update it ;)

Don't even think about using that S**t show Ford update system!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts