Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As well as the Kuga we have a 2006 Mini Cooper for commuting, but I’ve just put a deposit to update it 10 years to a 2016. Not on a mini forum yet so thought I’d share it here - when we got the blue Kuga I joked we’d have to swap the blue mini ASAP!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I bet that goes around corners a lot quicker than your Kuga. I remember having a bit of a race with a mini when I had my Mazda 6. That wasn't a slow car but he passed me with ease on one of our 60mph country roads and I was waiting for him to brake for a bend which in the Mazda was a bit twitchy at 70 and I reckon he was doing a good 90 when he hit the bend. No brake lights from the mini lol......and he did make the corner.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bet that goes around corners a lot quicker than your Kuga.
Yeah it takes corners like a go kart because it’s stiff but then it’s harsh over bumps, hoping the newer one will be better at that. Took the Kuga on my commute the other day while Mini was MOT’d and noticed how bouncy it is over bumpy roads and speed humps... I’d have expected that ST Line to be firmer but nope. Still love it though

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it, wow what a difference 10 years makes... no time to take pics yet but it was a good drive back Burnley to Newcastle

(Title should be R50 if anyone can change it, but not important)

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I was reading a review on the new John Cooper Works 2.0l AWD yesterday. It sounds like it goes pretty well with over 200kW. I think it's only comes with an auto trans here in Australia, pity as a manual would be perfect.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I just read that they’re adding manual back to 2020 mini’s in USA, but not the JCW. Would’ve been nice to get (wanted JCW Paceman) but this ones fast enough and much cheaper!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts