Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Moondust Silver Mk1, lady driver who wears nail polish. Todays dark red colour has found its way onto the paintwork behind the door handle where my nails have brushed against the paint.
Anybody any ideas how I can get it off. I dare say it will wear off in time but now I've noticed it, I want it gone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nail varnish remover will disolve it and wouldn't damage factory paintwork even refinished paintwork should be ok use minimal amount but enough to disolve with minimal pressure remove excess asap a light polish once all the solvent has evaporated won't go wrong but probably wont be required

·
Registered
210 Posts
Used to be a product called 'Jizer' or something close to that.
I got splashed with tar passing road resurfacing in a new Mondeo with metallic paint and was recommended to use it to get rid of the tar.
Worked a treat.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Never heard of anyone removing there nail varnish with turps ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's the product that's for that very task it's applied directly to the skin its as weak as it can be and not be confused with paint stripper

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I haven't done anything yet, will have to pluck up the courage to try. The marks are very light and very small, like two lines in the paint. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Try simply polishing the area with ordinary car polish as its probably abrasive enough to remove it with a good rub.

·
Registered
133 Posts
OP could calm nerves with a trial run on a fully laquored discrete spot on the inside of door , high baked factory finish will be completely unscaved by the removal of surface contaminent with cellulose thinners may have some impact on waxes or polishes but no more so than burnish or T cut ceramic hob cleaner would also do the job for such a small area

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Job done! I got a dot of Autoglym Super Resin Polish on a microfibre cloth and gave the marks a rub and Voi La.....gone. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
Painless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts