Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Kuga - Doris, since the end of July.

As you may've seen from my other postings, I think I've been sold a "plum"

Doris has to go in AGAIN 1st thing Monday for;

1 Carpets are worn to the underlay & badly frayed, so are being replaced

2 Rubber on drivers door has split & falls off that has to be replaced

3 Door trim on drivers door, does not fit, so is buckled up - again replaced

4 Heated wing mirrors only work IF they feel like it - looking into a loose wire

5 Splash protector thingy in back wheel arch has worked it's way loose & now rubs on wheel - replaced or refitted

6 Still being flashed at 'cos my lights are too bright - been adjusted once so still scratching their heads on this one

7 Power steering Malfunction warning light stays on most of the time - another head scratching issue

8 the red "i" waring light flashes on & off like a bloody disco - yes you guessed it! scratch their heads

9 Wont always go into reverse - gear box needs "tweaking" what that means is anybodys guess

10 Hums & drones merrily away all night to herself when has been parked for over an hour - that is well spooky. - could be "auto battery power saving mode" or could be "hey we dont know so are gonna blind you with science"

Don't get me wrong, on the whole I am very pleased with her, It's just all these niggly little issues are starting to try my patience.

My dealer has been 100% helpful & has promised all the issues will be dealt with. But come on if you spend £25K plus on a car, thats the least they should do.

I have now decided on a career change - I'm going apply for the job of Quality Control Manager on the Kuga production line, at the main Ford factory! I too can sit on my backside all day doing nothing

Has anyone else experienced any of the above problems? or am I just unlucky?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Strange isn't it? Because its a car, we take them back for the dealer to repair them, often many times. My wife had a VW Beetle cabriolet that went back some 27 times for faults in 2 1/2 years before we eventually gave up and sold it.
If an electronic item kept breaking, it would be replaced with a new one. I'm wondering if Ford should be doing that with your Kuga, Greeny

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like your Kuga was made by stevie wonder using parts from a scrap yard on a Friday. If i was you i would demand a new one cause you will never never get these problems fixed. It sounds like a bad one i hope you get it sorted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts