Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the booklet that came with my car today and its full of stuff for different types/options of kuga,not always obvious if a feature should be on my car or not.

This made me think - has anyone found a feature on their particular model that they didnt realise it had till they were exploring the car? Maybe something you can do that other people wouldnt realise unless they came upon it by accident or really read the booklet carefully?

mikew

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't know if these count but I found small storage compartments under the mats behind drivers and passenger seats, and also small compartments once again under the back seats when seats are lifted up to make a flat bed luggage space.
Oh, and 3 x 12v power points, was only expecting 2 so that was a nice suprise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, yep didnt know it had those till i bought the car, the ones on the floor were easy to find (and good for emergency stock of toys for son) but only realised about under the back seats when trawling through the book.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I haven't had the chance to read the handbook yet, but as anyone noticed the green arrow, pointing upwards on the rev counter, is it telling you to change gearat the most economical point or does it mean something else?!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
havnt noticed that arrow will have to have a look. Ps do you have to have a special aircon option to get the timer heating where you set a timer to de-ice the car for winter mornings?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
KugaCat said:
I haven't had the chance to read the handbook yet, but as anyone noticed the green arrow, pointing upwards on the rev counter, is it telling you to change gear at the most economical point or does it mean something else?!!
My K has this upchange arrow (red on my car) and signals when you have gone through the power band for the current gear you have selected. Change up!
Maybe newer cars have a green arrow signalling a more economical shift through the gears?

My car came with a 6 CD changer which I didn't order. But the rear view camera and USB were missing, this was very unexpected!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi quatroxquatro,

You've just remindered me that I had something missing on my Kuga when it arrived! I was supposed to have the illuminated scuff plates on my Kuga but theywere missing.I did get some mudflaps though. Everything else was present and correct.
Edited by: KugaCat

·
Registered
34 Posts
For anybody thinking of ordering illuminated stainless scuff plates they come as quite a supprise. I thought they would have a light shining on them similar to a footwell ligt. but not a bit of it, they have a large red panel with kuga highlighted in it fixed into he s/steel scuff plate and the whole panel lights up when the door curtesy light comes on, they look brilliant, totally useless but high bling factor and really impresses passengers when getting in.
Colin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi stotty1935

Please canyou post some pictures of the illuminated scuff plates, I would like to see an example of those " Bad Boys "

Kugameister

·
Registered
54 Posts
mikew said:
havnt noticed that arrow will have to have a look. Ps do you have to have a special aircon option to get the timer heating where you set a timer to de-ice the car for winter mornings?

Hi mikew

I've not noticed the green arrow, nor the timer heating option. I thought the timer heating option was for European models where it was cold a lot of the time (Norway for example).

Out of interest was yours from a UK dealer or a car supermarket?

·
Registered
108 Posts
>> I thought the timer heating option was for European models where it was cold a lot of the time (Norway for example).

It is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for reply, my kuga is from uk dealer - i presumed that i hadnt actually got the timer but noticed it in the book and it seemed like a clever udea.
mike

·
Registered
295 Posts
championkuga said:
I still like the little thingys on my Xenons that pop out when I use the screen wash.
All cars (brands) with Xenon have these.
Electronic levelers and washers are mandatory by law for all xenon lighted cars.

In some countries it is not mandatory for retro fit xenon lighting.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi mikew,

The green arrow lights up when you reach about 2000 rpm, I wouldn't have a clue as to why some cars have them and others don't, strange that!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Green arrow could well to be to do with the optimum time to change gear for best fuel consumption.
The only green arrows I've seen on mine are for the indicators !!

Best feature I found was the the ability to just open the top tailgate with the remote by pressing and holding the boot button for 3 secs.

Timed heater should be on EU vehicles only. Apparently you can set the time for the heating to come on so it is nice and warm when you want to travel in it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We (UK) are EU aren't we? ;-)

I think it's limited to cold-climate countries, such as Scandinavia. In other words, thosecountrieswho do not go into a panic state when snow falls :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
QUOTE=KugaCat]Hi mikew,

The green arrow lights up when you reach about 2000 rpm, I wouldn't have a clue as to why some cars have them and others don't, strange that!!!
[/QUOTE]

WARNING (i think) i spotted the pointing up arrow on left hand dial because it flashes red when start car - is next to seatbelt or airbag light. Found it in booklet and i think it says it is a warning light not info light and means you have reached maximum rpm/revs, i could be totally wrong but it seems to suggest that it only shows when your revs are too high (but 2000 doesnt seem very high? So should change before it lights not when it lights. Feel free to correct me if i have miss read it but makes me wonder either i am looking at wrong thing or are some set too sensitive?

mikew

1 - 20 of 39 Posts