Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone tell me if you have to leave the foam in place or take it out in the underfloor storage,not much use if you have to leave it in.

thanks kuga boy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
kuga boy said:
hi can anyone tell me if you have to leave the foam in place or take it out in the underfloor storage,not much use if you have to leave it in.

thanks kuga boy.

I took mine out to make room for first aid kit and other bits and bobs

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The poly-foam inserts are for the tyre inflation kit and can be removed easily. There are big plastic screws fixed directly into the carpet lining the recesses. These plastic bits were taken out a long time ago on my K and are being stored in the garage, to be replaced when the K is traded in one day. The covers seem strong enough to support normal passenger traffic without a problem.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hello kuga boy. I took mine out on the day i collected the Kuga. The floor storage is the same as my previous cmax`s and they never had the foam bits. I read in the handbook somewhere about them being for certain child seats which have floor supports. I reckon get `em out and store your stuff like lots of us. BK.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ihave taken mine out as well, the storage space is no good unless you have the right kit that fits the shapes in the polystyrene foam. I think Quatroxquatro and BK are right, they are solid enough to be left in permanent if you want to leave em in, but are easily removeable to make useful storage space.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
i find the underfloor area ideal for my binoculars... they are out of harms way down there. also carry some plastic plates and knives and forks, if we have a picnic whilst out to save crumbs (and to avoid putting the kids inside a bin liner at meal times). Those PICNIC seat back tables are so handy sometimes.... SORRY EVERYONE.... couldnt resist it.

BK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts