Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had Kuga serviced and Mot'd. I got an advisory for the front tyres, which were between 2-3mm. As winter will be here before we know it I asked the dealer for a fitted price for new ones and said ideally Michelin Latitudes. They said Latitiudes were not readily available any more and fitted Michelin Primacy 4's. The price was less than £100 each and the tread pattern is very similar to the Latitiudes with wider grooves. Has anyone got an opinion on whether these are an OK tyre or ditchfinders?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can understand if the advice was verbal but if put on the MOT paperwork do not understand as over the legal limit.
(I think you were right to replace but not maybe straight away, would have shopped around myself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it was verbal advice and I suppose I could have got a bit longer out of the originals, but I have/had a few longish motorway journies planned, so thought, as the price was OK., I would get them changed to get them 'run in' before using at motorway speeds. So far, the handling seems OK.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply and the link. What really surprised me was the price, considering it was a main dealer. I had budgetted about £300. I usually go to a local tyre shop that I trust but when I checked before the MoT they were still not open for business.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I’ve just had my mortgage approved for the 4 Michelin cross climates.

The wife still glares at me, she did that our wedding like but now she holds a rolling pin as well. Funny lasses the Russians.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I’ve just had my mortgage approved for the 4 Michelin cross climates.
Just tell her it's because you love her and don't want to risk her life by fitting cheaper tyres with less grip.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Thought you'd already had them fitted, or have you only just told her about them?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
She knew about them and she’s been ok as it was cheaper than buying a new car. But still....when I told her how much, that’s gasp.

I got a bit of discount but still paid £615 all in.
Daughter has just had 4 Pirelli Scorpion Verde fitted , 19inch as well. All in £480. I was going to have them but saw the cross climates hand likes them instead. The side wall has more dressing as well and they stand out. Boy racer touch but hey who cares.

keep safe kugonians.

Reactions: Fillco
1 - 12 of 12 Posts