Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I've just had a "Tyre pressure system malfunction" message appear, this showed up just after Stability control light flashed on and the car immediately de-accelerated (limp mode?). This happened, worryingly, again and again until I could pull over. I also saw briefly an AWD overheated warning. Have managed to get car home. I've checked all tyre pressures and they all spot on. I have a 2013 Kuga Titanium X. Has anyone experience of anything similar? All three yellow warning lights are now on as per photo.

Grateful for any thoughts.

Thanks

Jim...

IMG_20210613_223605.jpg

Attachments

·
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,337 Posts
Have you got the required equipment to check for logged faults with ForScan?

If you haven't I'd try removing the earth strap off the engine bay suspension tower for about 15 minutes to reset everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Murcod

Thank you for the feedback.

I do have ForScan so I will try that first this morning, though I've not used it for a while. Then will try the reset. Will report back my findings.

Regards

Jim ..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Don't know if it's any help but on that model the TPS works off the ABS sensor it should only come on when tyre is nearly flat or that's what ford told me when i went in to get mine checked, maybe something to do with ABS sensor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Don't know if it's any help but on that model the TPS works off the ABS sensor it should only come on when tyre is nearly flat or that's what ford told me when i went in to get mine checked, maybe something to do with ABS sensor.
Hi
Thanks for the feedback.
I'm suspecting an ABS sensor also, anyway I've not had car long so am gonna get dealer to hopefully sort it and will report their findings.

Jim...

Running ForScan I got the following DTC code, so perhaps could be the issue.

Make:FordCode:C003A:4A
Definition:Right Rear Wheel
Speed Sensor: Incorrect Component Installed
Failure Type:Incorrect Component Installed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts