Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
garage diagnosed this for me, front n/s sensor not transmitting so went in yesterday to have it's replacement fitted.

I've used this (local) garage for over 10 years and obv trust them, but the price of the (one) sensor on the bill is £55 and that he said was not from ford but alternative market supplier.. Does that seem right ? I'm sure if they charged me for 2 or even 4 it would be a mistake and nothing else, but don't want to ask yet...

·
Registered
2020 Mk3 Titainium Lucid Red 1.5Ltr Diesel
164 Posts
garage diagnosed this for me, front n/s sensor not transmitting so went in yesterday to have it's replacement fitted.

I've used this (local) garage for over 10 years and obv trust them, but the price of the (one) sensor on the bill is £55 and that he said was not from ford but alternative market supplier.. Does that seem right ? I'm sure if they charged me for 2 or even 4 it would be a mistake and nothing else, but don't want to ask yet...
If you feel that they have made a mistake then phone another tyre fitting garage and get a price off them. If it’s significantly different then phone the garage that fitted yours and ask them the same question, if again it’s different to what they charged you then ask why you were charged a lot more for the same job. Out of curiosity, has the garage changed and charged you for all four TPMS or just the defective one.

Reactions: Terrier50

·
Registered
164 Posts
Had a look online after posting my reply for current hourly Labour charges. The average franchised workshop charge is £99 an hour, compared to £56 an hour for an independent .

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
804 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
5 years ago I bought a set of sensors for my winter wheels and they were around £120 for the set from Ford, so now £55 may be around the price for a real Ford one not a third part supplier.

43MHz is a bit low isn't it. You could use a long wire for an antennae :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for your replies..I rang my garage in the end and asked them to look in to it after checking a few websites for prices. She said she'd check because it was a new supplier they'd used and had simply copied their invoice price on to my bill. Later she rang me with this explanation, after speaking to her supplier, the part was £25 but that it needed 'programming' before being sent out and they charged £20 for doing that....(their prices).. Having received the part my garage charged me 30 mins labour (£11) for syncing it to my car and fitting, my total bill was £68 incl VAT. I'm not sure about the 'programming' bit ,but overall I think the £68 doesn't sound that unreasonable ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts