Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Name on the market, DON'T TRUSTFORD. I collected my New Kuga Titanium X Ruby Red on 24th July 2015. I was told the cleaner had accident on front bumper. Raining really heavy, shown a couple of scratches on bumper. Was told it would be repaired as good as new within 7 days. Next day saw there was more than couple of scratches, they said they would fit a new bumper, as it was a new car. 29th July when car was to be collected for repair, got phone call car cant be taken as bumper not painted. It was six weeks after that, that the car was finally repaired, Badly, gap in join of bumper to wing, and bad colour match. On complaining they said colour cant be matched as it was a plastic bumper. Back bumper is plastic and perfect match. No end of correspondence would change the attitude of Trustford, You have got it, Hard Luck. Then offered me £100 Good Will Ford voucher. It was finally Motability Operations who solved my problem, they let me out of my contract and refunded my advance payment. To allow me to get another new car. Which is a Honda CVR SR hopefully 23rd Nov

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
itismeagain said:
New Name on the market, DON'T TRUSTFORD. I collected my New Kuga Titanium X Ruby Red on 24th July 2015. I was told the cleaner had accident on front bumper. Raining really heavy, shown a couple of scratches on bumper. Was told it would be repaired as good as new within 7 days. Next day saw there was more than couple of scratches, they said they would fit a new bumper, as it was a new car. 29th July when car was to be collected for repair, got phone call car cant be taken as bumper not painted. It was six weeks after that, that the car was finally repaired, Badly, gap in join of bumper to wing, and bad colour match. On complaining they said colour cant be matched as it was a plastic bumper. Back bumper is plastic and perfect match. No end of correspondence would change the attitude of Trustford, You have got it, Hard Luck. Then offered me £100 Good Will Ford voucher. It was finally Motability Operations who solved my problem, they let me out of my contract and refunded my advance payment. To allow me to get another new car. Which is a Honda CVR SR hopefully 23rd Nov

What really bugs me, is Motability Operations is a charity, and will lose money on this deal. Trustford Woodford, Has got away Scot Free

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a happy bunny, My Ford Kuga has gone. And my Honda CRV 2.0 ltr SR is here. Much better Quality Build. And better style. Goodbye Fordtrust. I was a loyal customer of 40 or more Ford Cars Starting with a 1934 Ford 8. my first car in 1957. I have nothing nice to say about Trustford after my last experience with them

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
You'll enjoy the quality of the CRV, like allowing the doors to close from 15cm, I dont thjnk Ford could achieve that. Oh and the way the rear seats fold and you can have cream leather.

Looked at the EX 2 years ago when looking at the Kuga and I've just looked again at the EX as I'm looking at renewing but the EX hasnt moved on since 2013 as far as the interior is concerned. The Kuga was a better drive but the Honda was a smoother engine.

At least you shouldnt have any trouble and if you do, you'll probably get a friendly ear.

A friend of mine has 58 plate Accord and Honda have issued a recall on EGR valve and an attached pipe, it appears that the pipe is splitting on some cars and Honda expects the parts (non wearable) even though out of warranty, to last at least 10 years.

Just a pity Ford service let you down, though I suspect with your CRV your much happier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Fillco, Yes I am very Happy with my Honda CRV 2.0Ltr. Petrol Auto. I agree the EX interior has not changed much. But the Facelift 2016 modelSatnav is LargerTouch screen. I think it has extra's that are not seen. As for the outside, Front grill is much nicer and the rear Number plate chrome is impressive, and LED Rear lights. I have also found it to be more MPG than the 1.5Ltr. Turbomax Titanium X

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Oddly enough, its the larger screen satnav I dont like on the 2016 Kuga as to me the original one is in the right place and the right size, you dont to have glance down to look at it.

When we chose the Kuga (my wife liked the Kuga over the CRV) we both noticed the quality of the Honda over the Ford.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone to his or her own choice. If we all had the same taste, what a dull world
we would live in. If trustford had treated me better, I might have gone for the 2016 Kuga, with the facelift Dash and larger Satnav

1 - 7 of 7 Posts