Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I am really regretting ever stepping foot in this dealership.

1. Bought my first Kuga last year and had it scheduled for its service over the Easter break this year when I wouldn't need a courtesy car. Dropped off in the morning but when I went back to pick up late afternoon it hadn't even moved. Was offered a courtesy car overnight but at a cost to me. Declined and was dropped off to the house and the car dropped back the next day. Apparently there had been a paperwork oversight which meant my car wasn't serviced.

2. Same Kuga went in to have a few issues investigated including squealing brakes, squeaky clutch and door rattle. Wasn't ready on schedule with more miscommunication between the salesman and service team.

3. Traded in first Kuga for an ST Line back in May. Since June I have been hounded by the credit company for a final payment. This wasn't communicated to me during the purchase so the credit company have been trying to speak with the dealership. I've been told that the credit company refused to speak to the dealer when they phoned. Credit company dispute this saying there are no incoming calls and they would happily discuss the issue. Dealership have tried to blame me saying I cancelled my direct debit early which wouldn't matter even if I did (which I didn't) as the final payment value changes every day depending on how many days are remaining on the agreement so it cannot be taken unless it's the agreed direct debit amount. This has now been escalated to a regional Ford manager.

4. I've had intermittent issues with a park pilot malfunction error message appearing which stops the parking sensors from operating. I managed to reverse into a telegraph pole (it was in my blind spot) on one such day the sensors weren't working. Dealership have never heard of this issue and I should never believe what I read on forums like this!

5. Car left in to be repaired and park pilot malfunction investigated. Neither was done.

No repairs were made and I should have known this as I wasn't asked for a deposit for the work. Salesman had said he would try to get the dent pulled out (small panel between boot and wheel arch) and touch up the small paint chips on the boot. Neither were done.

The extent of the investigation into the intermittent fault was to turn on the engine, no error appeared so in the 2.5 days they had the car they ran a 3 hour sync update which will fix it.

The car now needs booked in again for the light cluster to be replaced. Initially I was told £150 plus labour but as the accident happened due to a fault the salesman was hopeful there could be a warranty fix with no cost. Obviously this hasn't happened but the cost increased to £290 over the phone then 3 hours later in the dealership it was £320+.

I have had nothing but smiles and promises when buying the car but once there's an issue they don't want to know. I love my Kuga but the shine has worn off and I most definitely wouldn't recommend this dealer especially the service department.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
So you reversed into a telegraph pole and this is the dealer's fault how?

Yes, the accident happened due to a fault - can you see where this is going.

Perhaps you might like to tell the dealer what you have posted and give them a right to reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The accident happened partially due to a fault but a warranty fix was not my idea. I had fully expected to pay for the damage but my issue is with the work not being done and the costs increasing each time I speak to them. The investigation into the fault I don't believe has been resolved as again today I have had my parking sensors going mad claiming obstructions all around the car when I was in the middle of a road reversing into my driveway with nothing in sight. I haven't had the malfunction error in the last few days but time (and weather) will tell as it seems to coincide with a lot of wet weather.

I actually had their business manager on the phone earlier after the regional manager contacted them. The dealership have now held their hands up and admitted it was an oversight on their part and after almost 4 months of back & forth, they are covering the missing final payment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Partial result.... I no longer have a final payment hanging over my head which is good. The manager said he hoped the credit issue hadn't affected my opinion of them so I very politely explained the points I mentioned above. Lots of apologies but no assurance that the issues with the service department will be taken any further. Very disappointing as I do love the car but since I've owned it there have been nothing but issues at dealer level. I do have other dealers should I choose to stick with Ford so who knows.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts