Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My four week old auto 2.5 is sadley back at Fords after only 300 miles with auto transmission breakdown.It seems that a plastic connection pipe (snap on fitting) had come off thus draining all fluid onto the floor. The car would not drive at all.

On returning my Kuga to Fords of Enfield, I noticed a general lack of concern, no apology and a general air of disinterest. A demeanor much different to the one shown when I gave them my hard earned cash.

I feel that they should replace the car asI would not feel happy with a repair.

What do you guys feel about this, your comments welcome and of course buyer beware.
Edited by: Gazwats

·
Registered
818 Posts
I wouldn't know how strong the argument is for a replacement vehicle...I suppose the one supplied wasn't fit for purpose though...but will it be once sorted?

As an absolute minimum I would push fora replacement gearbox as there will be no telling what damage might have been done and if not too serious, it might show just after the warranty has expired. Extended warranty on the drivetrainto say 5 years is another option...and maybe a goodwill gesture, say at least a free service to check that all is indeed OK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
<div style="text-align: center;">Trust ford - Enfield received my enquiry Monday morning (vehicle had broken down Friday night and recovery team said it was a broken alternator) . Called the garage on Monday morning to book the repair with the aforementioned dealer. Vehicle was recovered to the dealer at 2pm the same day. The work had already been booked for the next day.
<div style="text-align: center;">I called the dealer the next day at 3:30pm and asked if the vehicle was ready , they seemed uncertain and said they would call back - they never did. I went to the dealer that night , the vehicle was still on the ramp and they had not ordered the part. They said the part would be ordered that night and would be fitted the next day.
<div style="text-align: center;">The next day has come and they have just called at 1pm to say the part has arrived but no staff to fit it !!!
<div style="text-align: center;">At this point I put the phone down.....
<div style="text-align: center;">Question - should I just pay for the part + vat and have them waiver the testing(£65+ vat) , why they needed to do this is a puzzle , a simple meter check would have told them the alternator was definitely not working , plus labour £150 + vat
<div style="text-align: center;">The car will have been with them for three-and-a-half days !!
<div style="text-align: center;">Rant now over - thank you for reading

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sounds par for the course for most of the dealers i have encountered, indifferent, can't give a monkeys attitude.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for the reply - the garage just called me to say the car is now fixed.....they said "dont be late when collecting they car - they want to close at six.....cheeky b**t**d*

·
Registered
138 Posts
And they call themselves Trust Ford!

Never liked Dagenham motors and all they've done is s name change.
we personally use Gates Ford. The one in Waltham Cross closed down but there are branches in Hertford, Epping and Harlow. We've never had any problems with them touch wood.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Tony. I use Gates Harlow. My wife & I have been buying our cars there for years both run Fords always have. I haven't had them serviced there for a few years now though I find them rather expensive & tend to "add on"! I use a local garage called Candy Motors in Hoddesdon. Chris is very accommodating and very competitive price wise, sticks to Ford service schedules & I insist on genuine Ford parts.
The next service on the Kuga will be done at Gates though as when I bought it from them there was a mix up on the charge for a 3 year warranty so they are doing my next service for free. Edited by: Tony3917

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for reply.

I've only ever used gates Waltham cross, now closed, and thought pricing was reasonable.
I'll bear in mind candy motors but everyone I know raves about Rates ford in Essex so may have to give them a try.

Service is due next month so will post update after work has been done.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought a 3 year service deal from Rates they done my 1st servce no problems they found a nail in my tyre phoned me to say would i like to see it. as i was only 2 mins away shopping so i did, and it was there!! charged me £15 to repair puncture and rebalance wheel very pleased the way they treated me pleased i used them, thanks to this forum

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
As above, don't like Trust Ford(Dag Motors)
Have always brought my cars from Gates Epping, but find their servicing expensive, so use Rates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would never use rates again I've had 3 cars off them and never had a issue with the other 2
i bought the kuga and now i got nothing but problems with it when i tried to get anything done under the warranty they just fob me off till it ran out then tried to charge me £500 to change the alternater which should have been done before

i did it myself cost me £180+vat and took about 2.5-3hr to do and a few beers for my mate who helped out

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use Trust Ford Enfield as it is my only Ford dealer. They usually are OK in doing the basics of the service but are appalling at finding obvious faults that are highlighted to them - it is just lazy at an exorbitant pride.

The best example is when I had an Smax and the auto box was s slipping in first gear. Typically they could not find the fault and I asked for an engineer to take the car out with me. We did not even get off the forecourt before he told me what was wrong! I asked why he could heat/see it immediately and the other technician could not. Unsurprisingly no answer.

I would like to use someone else who was cheaper but more importantly bothered and honest

·
Registered
172 Posts
Second the gates comment - admittedly not got kuga yet but they have been god at answering all my queries so far and apart from the sliht hiccup abount not realising that they dont have to charge for the rear prking sensors as they were included free with motability - which they have resolved all has been good- and to give the salesman his due he did show me that he had asked someone else by email and they didnt know either- one ford had rung him and he had it explained then its all been plain sailing - so all looking good at the moment

·
Registered
350 Posts
I always use Gates at Harlow, except for servicing as they are too expensive & always find "extras" to charge for. Though next service (Nov 2) will be done by them as they are paying for it as the salesman stitched me up last Nov when I bought the Kuga.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts