Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All as you know I am smitten with the Kuga but far from happy with Ford. I wrote to them back in July and they contacted me via phone to inform me that Rear folding trays have been dropped? from production and have now been deleted. My argument and one I think I share with many other trayless Kuga Titaniumowners is that we were not informed I accept the Ford Disclaimer but they cannot be allowed to hide behind this they have a resonsibility to informAll potential purchasers that the trays have been deleted, sadly assome of us here are aware Ford failed to inform us. Gemma from Ford customer relations told me that this issue was being addressed in thebrand new August 2009 Kuga brochure, not sure whether it was Slimus or Digger who informed us All that the brand new (still warm) August 2009 Kuga brochure Still contains the rear folding trays. I have written to Ford UK. Managing Director, Nigel Sharp and in addition also marked the Private & Confidential letter for attention of Joe Greenwell, Chairman, Ford GB. Registered Address: Eagle Way, Brentwood, Essex. CM12 3BW. I would urge all disappointed Kuga Titanium Owners to write a letter of complaint, marked for the attention of the above. Clearly Ford think that they have absolutely no responsibility whatsoever, and really why should they? they have taken our money and the only response I have had is a couple of fingers. Appreciate some help thanks. Regards. Bob.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bobuptown,
Thanks for this, i am definitely going to write to them using the address you have kindly supplied. I think if the more of us write something may be done. I totally agree with you that Ford must take some responsibility. I have heard that the trays are now been fitted to new cars again !!!! It is not right that ours, when new, missed out !!!!
Will keep you posted.
PS. passed another Kuga the other day here in Coventry, i waved, she just gave me a mucky look and ignored me. I felt a little daft afterwards.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why, are you volunteering Silicca 666 ? I may do mine tonight, i will post it on here as a template if i can. The more letters they gat the better !! I know it is only a small thing, but very annoying when you get fobbed off with no real excuse.
Will keep you informed.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi VickAndlizzy & SILICA666 I was under the impression that some customers with brand new Kuga orders have been told that the rear folding trays are no longer available? Can anyone please clarify that point?that the rear folding tables are back. Bob.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered my kuga at the end of april and was wasn't informed of any change. I'm not too bothered about the trays, it's just that there was no notification or anything offered in their place that annoys me.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Feel a bit guilty posting this but, i picked up my new Kuga today and it had the back seat trays.
tbh after reading about all the guys who were expecting to get the trays but didn;t, i didn't hold out much hope.

i was very surprised to find the trays fitted to mine.

i ordered the car in June, and could have picked it up last week but chose to delay due to the new reg.

don't know what spec cars those without trays have, or if it makes any difference, but i have the titanium, x pack, premium dvd sat nav with rear view camera,and the pack which features the privacy glass and roof rails.

also my seats are full leather (in case that makes a difference).

i hope everyone gets this sorted soon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Out of interest,suppose they HAD informed you that they were dropping the 50p rear seat trays from production, what would you have done ? Bought another car ?

I used to get the samecompany car from Vauxhall every 8 months, and they are always changing (i.e. improving) the specs of cars. It's how the industry works.

Not wishing to fan the flames here, but I just don't understand why people are getting upset about some cheap bits of plastic -if they made a spec change that was likely to devalue your car, I would understand it. This won't.

Would love to be at the Chairmain's board meeting whenhe gets his letter though...... "Mr Greenwell, the latest quarterly figures are in, and the group have lost $1.5bn. Also, the banks are wishing to renegotiate our banking covenants. Oh and by theway, we've had 3 complaints about missing tray seats in theKuga range"

·
Registered
385 Posts
KugaNo you are missing the point i have back seat trays i also think they are crap,but bobuptown has got a good point,they never let people no or replaced it with anything else.But sorry to say this again the carpets in the car are poor fitting and look like they have been bought from poundland,ford no about the wear issue and again choose to do nothing about it

·
Registered
65 Posts
KugaNO, if you read the posts people state that it's the fact that they were not informed or that they were replaced with something else, i myself state idon't care aboutthe trays,i wouldn't be surprised if these would have been a £100-£150 option if they were available seperately.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KugaNo, hey thanks for your comments, it was what's the word Oh yes an education certainly taught me a lesson? Well not quite because Ford actually posted losses of $1.6bn so if you want to come across all smarmy and smug I'm happy to play hardball, so lets get it right I repeat it's $1.6bn. Now Go Sit In The Naughty Chair. But I digress, lets get back to the real issue here you seem the kind of person whowould quite happilyroll over day and night, the missing tray issue is a very simple one to work out, it's not rocket science it's all about, "being informed" and not as you seem to condone, being misled,We arenot mindreaders,as We were not informed therewas an expectation, sadlyFord have failed todeliver and have slithered behind a disclaimer, clearly you think that misleading customers is all fine and dandy,clearly I don't, the word is "Principles" I note you currently drive a Seat,is that from the same company who manufacture that motoring icon the Roomster? Lol,so purely out of pity I suggest we really should beprepared to make some allowances.Herrhumm. I rest my case.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks KugaNo for your kind comments, muchappreciated, and Kugace thank you for confirming the,VAG Group thing. Bob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi BobI know this is some 2 years on but am very keen to know if you got a reply by writing to the directors in question and whether they resolved your issue satisfactorily?
I'm going through a nightmare with Ford at the moment on another matter.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Quick everyone, someone distract Bob before he spots this post - who knows what will happen next. We should have lockedthe topicso no-one would ever bring it up again.....

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have run out of characters on my signature line - otherwise I would have stated that I've got seat-back trays on mine - and they came as standard (Bob - that means at no extra cost, and with no hassle).

Of course, I don't actually use them, but it IS nice to know they are there - just in case I ever want to dump a serving of food and drink on my rear-seat passenger's laps (because the springs only actually keep the trays 'up' if they remain empty - adding anything more than the likes of an empty polystyrene cup is just asking for trouble).

Of course, those without trays themselves will simply have to imagine the pain and suffering us tray owners go through on a daily basis.

maybe I should take mine out, and put them on eBay?

Cheers,
Niall

·
Registered
96 Posts
Niall said:
edited: maybe I should take mine out, and put them on eBay?
I took them out and now use them as shelves in my garage, very handy and saved me a tenner!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts