Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I accept that this will irritate some members(who have them?) but here goes. As some members will be aware I wrote to Ford Customer Relations Dept back in July 09, andgot a rather smarmy, arrogant response which was basically "Tough" along with an assurance that Ford will remove any confusion and officially address this problem of the now deleted trays in the brand new August 2009 Kuga brochure, with me so far? great but the plot thickens, becauseeagle eyedKOC member, "Slimus" had a look at the brand new (still warm off the press) Kuga August 09 brochure and you may recall the famous Disclaimer which sadly Ford have decided to hide behind well it seems that unsurprisingly they have made another little error because the new brochure under Titanium Interior Equipment contains guess what? Front Seat - Folding Seat Back Trays. So armed with this revelation I decided to fire off another letter to Ford CRD a few weeks ago. I requested that Ford respond in writing this time, as they for obvious reasons much prefer to ring you up andleave a message. A week or so ago now I rec'd yet another ansa-phone message from Ford CRD stating that theyunderstoodthat the matter has now been resolved to my complete satisfaction. WHAT? sadly thereis a problem with thatstatement because I have never had any communication from Ford about how they have resolved the matter, now call me old fashionedbut personally I don't like been ignored and treated like some emptyhead who has just landed, and I would like the opportunity to make a suggestion to all the Trayless Kuga Titanum owners out there. BBC Watchdog started on Thursday last week and I am going to email the show with my complaint during the live show tomorrow, my understanding is that if "Mr Lonely"writes in prior or ideally during the show then it's just logged and filed away however if 2/3/4/5/10/20/30 people all write in about the same subject there is a better than average chance that a researcher may contact all of us to collect more information and then who knows?Ford may be invited to explain (something they have so far failed to do) why We have been all been misled or duped.Another point worth making since I wrote my letter, Ford have now withdrawn the brand new August 2009 Kuga brochure from dealers, all they seem to offer now are old out of date? July 2008 Kuga brochures, when I asked for a new brochure recently"salesman said "Oh I thinknew ones have been sent back"It would be extremely bold of me to suggest that it's been withdrawn because of my letter in which I clearly pointed out that Ford continue to grossly milead buyers with there brand new 2009 brochures?New brochure is Still available to download off Ford site by the way. Appreciate anyones comments and even better your support. Regards. Bob.

Email: [email protected]or ideally you can texton Thursday7.30pm until 8pm during Live programme. JusttypeWDfirst, then message to83199 (texts at standard rate)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I will try and support you. I have none and am glad to but its the principle of the situation NOT just the lack of trays. A long and well written thread. I will help and support...

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the undertaker Thanks,Long thread? sorrry not like me to be a tad long winded, but seriously it is not about the trays now, it's about the way Mighty Ford feel they can print a disclaimer to hide behiind. Not sure of other KOC members own personal situations during the transaction butthe saleman Did Not inform me in fact when I mentioned grand kids he added Yes they would be useful, truth isIonly discovered they were missing during handover. How difficult is itto inform potential purchasers?I sat at the salesman's desk reading theJuly 2008 Kuga brochure he gave me, or how inconvenient is it for someone to draw athick black linethrough where Front Seat, Folding seat back trays is highlighted, exactly, it's about the principle of the whole matter and the poor way Ford have conducted themselves. Themost amusing thing about all this is that Ford have been caught with there side skirts around there ankles and chrome tailpipesbetween there legs,and instead of holding there hands up they think they are being smart by ignoring customers hoping they will get the message that Ford ain't listening . . . . . Now Go Away. Bob.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bob
.....shut up and give someone else a chance.....

I have just blasted my email off to watchdog and will be recording what (if anything happens) as I will be working.

Slimus.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Bobuptown,
I will certainly support you on this and send my text when the show is aired tomorrow night. As you know, i haven't got the trays and would have liked them !!! But, you are right, it is the principle now !! Lets see what happens...............

·
Registered
153 Posts
Maybe it's just because I have the trays (even though I have no reason for them) or maybe I accept stuff happens and it's not always perfect but I just don't get it, surely there are more important things in life than the stress and time taken to get what... what's the goal of the communications, you want to return the car because it doesn't have the trays, or do you want the £1 (and that's probably overly generous) they cost each to be refunded?

I guess it's a principle thing, Ford changing things without your knowledge, I guess they thought very few people would get so irritated with a minor spec change as they changed model years.

Personally I really think life is too short to even give a second thought to it, in fact I'm annoyed with myself for keep reading the threads and now replying

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can of understand the problem with this and accept it is an issue, however I think the fuel filler leak issue is more of an underlying problem especially with the potential safety implications and that it affects a number of models. Maybe this would make a good complaint to watchdog? Incidently my friend has just got an ST, it leaks as well.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WarKuga, thank you, with respect unknowingly you havestrengthenedmy argument, Fuel spewing over forecourts, Noise/Rumblingsfrom wheel bearings, starting problems, electrical problems, water in fusebox, total loss of power, rattles, creaks, clunking ABS resetting systems, clunking gears, power button failures, AWD transfer box leaks, clutch judder/oil leak, sticking idle speed control valves, water ingress, premature alloy wheel corrosion, poor quality and badly fitting carpets the list goes on and on, now clearly Ford just ain't listening to aggrieved trayless owners, so why should they listen to you with your fuel filling issues? I'm saying make a stand now on one single issue and mybelief is that Ford will be more likely to listen/take note when other concerns areraised. Three four months ago when IjoinedKOC and ifsomeone had asked for support to raise the profile of lets say fuel spewing over filling station forecourts problems, I would ofjoined in, Why? becauseit's short sighted not too.When I took delivery of my Kuga it could of dumped fuel whilst filling, but it does not. (at present) Clearly I have failed in some way to paint a picture as to how I thinkit all works. One person (Mr Lonely) complains as I have already demonstrated, response was, "Tough"you will not resolve any of your issue on your own, we All need support, and just one satisfactory result will strengthen our position, so Ford will be"gently persuaded" to take note and listen in the future. WarKuga you suggested that the fuel problem would of made a better more valid argument toput to Watchdog, wellOK You want to start a campaign about Kuga fuel leaks? then put my name down, tell me who to write to, it's as simple as that, but please don't just sit on your hands and wait until someone tries to run with the ball, and thentry and knock him down . . . . . Just Do It. Finallylook at the amount of positive posts in favour of doing something? We just don't stick together, it's as simple as that.Bob.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just had an email from BBC Watchdog

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ok Bobuptown, what does it say ? I texted last night too !!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts