Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted one to my 09 zetec,i have had one before so relatively simple set up.BUT,i noticed after the car was locked a couple of hours the small red LED powere light was still flashing.
The lead is plugged into the socket at the back of the center console,is this permanently live?if so are the other 2(the one in the boot or the one between the gearstick and center console) both permanently live.

in previous cars I have plugged in and when the car "shuts down, after a while the unit turns off,and only when I unlock the car does it start up again,when the socket is powered.
It does mention in the instructions that in some cases you manually turn it on/off.
cheers
sandy

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
That’s correct, auxiliary points are permanent live, best bet is to hard wire it in from fusebox under glovebox to a switched ignition circuit, fuse 108 that feeds audio unit would be fine

Hard wire kit
https://www.youritdelivered.com/transcend-dashcam-hardwire-kit-for-drivepro-dp520-200-50-ts-dpk1/?CAWELAID=620008670000402556&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=72196644464&CATCI=pla-295386874013&gclid=CjwKCAjw6vvoBRBtEiwAZq-T1eO72X7VtxywJ4nBWJ1xOQ9sqGshOE4NgtIdcwBsPCKVPOCxSynEWhoCi3wQAvD_BwE

you will also need a mini piggy back fuse unit., readily available on flea bay

Reactions: rnlisg and NigelB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ronnie
thanks for the info,very helpful,i am not too keen on leccy,s but I see from the picture of the kit there is
only a live and an earth,so will have a poke around to see how easy it looks.

cheers

sandy

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Sandy, it really is easy ( supply wire to piggy back fuse and earth spade connection to a nearby ground screw or bolt ) and and gives a much more professional look as you can hide cables by tucking into headlining and down A pillar to fusebox with the bonus that ignition on and camera on, and vice versa, took me about 45 minutes to do

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok Ronnie
I will have a look.when you say "piggy back"do you mean scotch clip it to the radio wire?

·
Super Moderator
2,062 Posts
NOOOO! Never use Scotchlocks if there is an alternative.

Google 'piggy back fuse holder' for hundreds of results

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Scotchlocks are a NO NO NEVER, they cause more problems than enough, as Nigel says google or ebay search “mini piggy back fuse holder” and you will find hundreds

Reactions: NigelB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys
sandy
just found and ordered some on fleabay,that looks so easy to install,smile:also fitting some reversing sensors soon so will use one for that.
ref the glovebox do I assume you have to remove it for access to the fuse box?,i have found a youtube vid on removal
sandy

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Hi Sandy
If I remember correctly, Under glovebox you will see 2 thumbscrews about 8-10inches apart, turn them about 1/4 of a turn and fusebox will hinge down for access........kneel on something soft and be careful not to get a stiff neck...lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ronnie,

as I mentioned when fitting the rev sensors soon, I was going to hook up to the live feed behind the l/h side panelling,i have not removed anything yet but noticed when removing the access cover I can see 2 or three small "boxes"with wires going in,are there fuses in there or are they in behind the glove box?
cheers
sandy

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Couldnt remember if there is a rear fusebox on the MK1, there definitely is on the MK2, however after looking at handbook the reversing lamps are fed from fuse 141 in glovebox fusebox so what you have found may be modules

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for that
If that's the case I will extend the cable to the fuse box at the front for the live feed.
cheers
sandy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts