Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have this fitted, do you have any idea what it means when the sign on the instrument cluster flashes continually? I can't find the answer to this. It suggests that I'm going faster than the limit but that wasn't the case yesterday.

Drove from Cambridge back to Essex, via lanes and motorway. Car camera saw the signs and the instrument cluster showed the correct speed but after the initial bright display (normal) it dimmed (normal) but then started flashing (not always normal).

From what I've read when the camera picks up a new sign it shows it bright initially to draw attention, then it dims, then it goes grey, then it disappears, to be honest I haven't experienced the disappears either.

Does anyone have a full run down on exactly what it should do and when?

My only conclusion yesterday was a dirty screen in front of the camera.

Reactions: Foneman

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have never experienced the symbols flashing. Plenty of erroneous readings though e.g. No Overtaking symbol when there wasn't a sign and reading the kmh speed limit disc on the back of a foreign lorry.

·
Registered
NigelB is poor substitude for moderator
610 Posts
I believe flashing sign's are high speed driving (+5km/t or so). Maybe a bug when it goes from 20 to 40 and do not update internal parameters quickly so it flashes the new 40 sign?

And yes, i have seen sign's disappear, like it cannot recon the road type im driving.

I have even seen sign's show, where no signs are .. That i concluded to be based on GPS location and Nav maps on my radio, otherwise it was impossible for the car to see a sign that was removed years back :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dexterPicard said:
I have even seen sign's show, where no signs are .. That i concluded to be based on GPS location and Nav maps on my radio, otherwise it was impossible for the car to see a sign that was removed years back :)

Yes, the system does use GPS/mapping data to provide detail as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
mark-essex said:
If you have this fitted, do you have any idea what it means when the sign on the instrument cluster flashes continually? I can't find the answer to this. It suggests that I'm going faster than the limit but that wasn't the case yesterday.
I carried out some tests at the weekend, it shows our road as 20MPH although it's actually 30MPH. Anyway as soon as I went over 20MPH the symbol started flashing and stopped flashing when I dropped below 20MPH. The system is supposed to "chime" when you over speed although I couldn't get this to work.

·
Registered
NigelB is poor substitude for moderator
610 Posts
mark-essex said:
dexterPicard said:

Yes, the system does use GPS/mapping data to provide detail as well.
Problem would be those that did not order the sync3 with satnav :) Maybe another missing sign then. or more accurate showing nothing/existing sign.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You can adjust the speed at which the signs flash in the settings.. +0mph +5mph etc

·
Registered
80 Posts

Drove from Cambridge back to Essex, via lanes and motorway. Car camera saw the signs and the instrument cluster showed the correct speed but after the initial bright display (normal) it dimmed (normal) but then started flashing (not always normal).

From what I've read when the camera picks up a new sign it shows it bright initially to draw attention, then it dims, then it goes grey, then it disappears, to be honest I haven't experienced the disappears either.

Does anyone have a full run down on exactly what it should do and when?

My only conclusion yesterday was a dirty screen in front of the camera.
On my 2016 Galaxy the Sign on the dash flashed continuously until you went under the limit
i cant get this to do the same on the kuga it whats Mark says Flashes and goes grey after that
I will be nice if this could be set to chime

i would like it to do at least the same as the old car
this was standard equipment on the titanium x Galaxy and had to pleasure of paying Ford over £500 for this
Sorry for the rant

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Never had that issue but regularly get the red car on left side symbol while on motorway

Reactions: Foneman

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 ford kuga 2.0 zetec and most of the time the speed sign recognition works well but whilst driving on a uk road it showed up a sign that said 90!!!!!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well, mine has just started having a hissy-fit today!

The speed sign on the instrument cluster has always shows the current road speed and has always been very good at knowing when the speed changes.

The speed sign symbol on the dash would stay static as long as road speed was not exceeded, but then flash almost immediately on going over the speed limit.

However, today, the speed sign symbol has been flashing way too early and I mean 10mph under.

Hopefully just a short-lived glitch, otherwise I'll be adding this to my other "List of Kuga Woes".surprise:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Oh heck.
Riperoo, when you buy some lottery tickets, give me the numbers!

I’ve never seen the speed sign on the dash flash when I’ve gone over the limit. Albeit I’m only 2-3 mph over as I know you don’t get done as it’s within 10%. ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just a thought, maybe it has somehow reverted to kilometres per hour

·
Registered
790 Posts
I’ve never seen the speed sign on the dash flash when I’ve gone over the limit.
Maybe "No Warning" is selected in the settings?

No idea why this is set to km/h when the "Units" is set to Miles elsewhere though. Anyone know if this is changeable?

I'm almost sure it was in miles the other day.........or did I dream that?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just a thought, maybe it has somehow reverted to kilometres per hour
That's what I thought mine was doing, well kind of.

I have SSR set to +0mph and it used to start flashing as soon as I crept over 40mph. Now it starts flashing around 30ish or less.

Although the signs were displaying correctly (40 in a 40) on the instrument panel, it was as if the car was sensing set to flash after 40 km/h, which is approx 25mph if that makes sense.

When I checked the "Speed Warnings" in settings, it is showing as +0km/h, but I'm positive it was imperial the other day.

It may explain why I'm getting flashing speed signs, but I cannot see how to change back to imperial (if that is the issue).

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Mmm. I’ve never seen that setting.

Only way I know about changing mph to kph is under “measurements/units”

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Cheers Rips. Just had a look and it wasn’t set up.
Now is and was also in mph!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mmm. I’ve never seen that setting.

Only way I know about changing mph to kph is under “measurements/units”
Te weird thing is my measurements/units is set to mph, but my speed limit warnings are in km/h. How can that happen?surprise:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Mmm.
1. There aren’t two setting are there. One for speed one for litres/kph is there.
2. Headlamps aren’t set up for LHd are they. Just a thought. Not sure it would change owt like.

Otherwise no idea!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mmm.
1. There aren’t two setting are there. One for speed one for litres/kph is there.
2. Headlamps aren’t set up for LHd are they. Just a thought. Not sure it would change owt like.

Otherwise no idea!
Just been out to have a look and have been through every setting and cannot fathom how on earth to change it to mph. I'm sure mine was on mph in the SSR Speed Warning section.

Does yours show +0mph, +5mph etc?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts