Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a message on our Focus stating that the system can not commumicate with one of the sensors, but it does not say witch one. Can i use Forscan to see or is there another way. Any help please.

·
Banned
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,464 Posts
No, you need a TPMS monitor to see which one it is.
there is a thread on this subject and what is available from Amazon for not a lot of money.
I would suggest the battery has gone flat.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
10,573 Posts

·
Banned
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
2,464 Posts
Yes, I think so Martin. Most of the tyre shops have them now as well. I'd be inclined to drive into the tyre shop and ask them to check which one it is. they will need to change it for the OP.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for info. I guessed that battery had gone flat but I also had tyre changed and they damaged and replaced sensor and it may have been fitted with generic unit of a lower quality.

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,197 Posts
I don't know how they works in Focus, but in Kuga you don't need any transmitters only thing what you have to do is "reset tyre pressure monitoring sytem" from speedometer menu.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plugged my Proscan reader today into our Focus to have a go at TPMS and a error message came up saying that my reader did not support all modules this has not happened before, could it have happened because I updated Forcan.

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182HP 400Nm (T8MA) MMT6
1,197 Posts
Updates of Forscan will not make a problems. If you update firmware in your interface it could.

·
10,573 Posts
I plugged my Proscan reader today into our Focus to have a go at TPMS and a error message came up saying that my reader did not support all modules this has not happened before, could it have happened because I updated Forcan.
Download an earlier version and try it. It's on their download page under earlier versions. I'm on 2.3.41 and it works fine. I know there were some issues with some later versions and I reported it to Forscan. I would be wary now of updating mine now as one of the issues was unable to access central configuration trying it ion two cars and two OBD devices. Older forscan software here. Could also be a problem with your device.

Reactions: adoneofthose

·
10,573 Posts
I have version 2.3.48
That's the latest version. Download an earlier version same as mine as I know it works.

There was some speculation a while back about forscan and adapter types but I haven't been on there in ages so not sure if latest software only works with forscan approved adapters.

·
Registered
2L Deisel Poweshift AWD half leather
57 Posts
I have used 2.3.48 recently to enable power mirrors, although I admit I did not go into any other modules at the time.
I use FTD3XXDriver_WHQLCertified_v1.3.0.4 driver with no issues so far.
I would tend to agree and try a previous release.

·
10,573 Posts

·
Registered
2L Deisel Poweshift AWD half leather
57 Posts
These are is my connection settings:
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It says it has the FTDi chip. Please download the version of Forscan I use and try again on the Focus.

Daft question but I assume you tried the silver switch in both positions after you connected to the car.
Yes I did toggled the switch. I removed Forscan and reinstalled Ver: 2.3.38 will try again later I must admit that when I plug the Forscan into car it is always with a little fear, which is suprising as I have worked on maintenace for 40yrs it must be an age thing, or its because it my car and not a company machine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts