Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory fitted towbar with 13pin electrics but have not yettowed my caravan. Disappointed that I will need to spend even more money to get fridge/battery charging (see other threads re this). My next question to those that have towed -- is there any form of audable warning or a warning light to indicate that caravan flashers are working, I understand this is a legal requirement in the UK or is this another missing item that Ford expect users to instal themselves??.

Interested to hear from follow caravaners already using their K's.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi leadtrainer, when the van is connected to the electric socket, if an indicator bulb fails on the van the normal tell tale in the dash flashes faster in the same way as a car bulb failure would. to show this have your van connected withanindicator flashing, then remove the bulb. this is normal to dedicated towbar wiring and is called c2 indication. have a nose at web page
http://www.rightconnections.co.uk

and look at products > harnesses which will explain the system.

dont know about kuga towing yet, but my dad has a cmax 2.0 tdci and says it is the best towcar he has ever had, which is mechanically the same enginewise.
Edited by: BruceKuga

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi The kuga is brilliant as a tow car far better than my last freelander the factory fit tow bar and 13 pin euro electrics is great switches of the reverse sensors when in reverse also switches off the fog lights BRILLIANT

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Leadtrainer

Had my towbar and electrics fitted by the dealer.

I have no audible warning and like you I thoughtit was a legal requirement.

On other cars when connected to acaravan an annoying beeping is heard coming from the boot to say the indicators are working on the caravan.

Discussed this with the dealer who has almost assured me that the legal requirement is to be informed when the lights on the caravan are not working.

Apart from various gestures from other motorists how willwe ever know if the system is working or not?

Pehaps we could remove a bulb and see what happens!!!!!!!!

Regarding the fridge/battery charging I have no idea if mine work or not but will be trying this weekend.

Shadow

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Brucekuga and Shadow
Thanks for the feedback re towing, whilst I have not actually towed I have coupled up the electrics to my van via an adaptor cable and I can confirm that all road lights worked but not fridge, or 12 volt permanent supply and I assume no battery charge. I am also not certain the reverse lights worked. Will be actually towing in the next wek so will find out more. Having look at your link Brucekuga I am reassured that there is no need for a bleeper/light. I have checked out Towsure and they do a Smartcom kit which might be the answer for £13.35

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hello Leadtrainer, glad to help a bit. Good luck. the smartcom relays are good as my family have had them for years no bother. All i need is a caravan.... all i need is to be able to pay for one really!!!! This forum is good, first time i`ve come across anything like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts