Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I'm looking at buying a car for my job which requires quite a bit of driving mainly in the countryside. The problem I have is my wife-2-be has a horse and wants me to get a car that will tow her horse. Having looked at the Kugas spec it reads as if it would tow a horse+horsebox but does anyone have experience of this? What would my chances be of getting it out of a muddy field? Your thoughts would be much appreciated

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not much ground clearance on the Kuga compared to other 4x4's, no hill decent and would need off road tyres. So caution would be advised when entering muddy fields.

But with those negatives there are the positives as it's an excellent handling car on the road, better thanmost mid-highend4x4's.

And has anti snaking in its towing set up i.e car automatically corrects itself when it feels the trailer start to snake.

Most owners forget they are towing anything and have to keep on checking their speed as its so easy to do 75mph towing a 1500kg caravan/trailer/horsebox.

The choice is yours....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Oldblue The comments from daisbuys is a bit strong to say the least the Kuga will pull your horse box very well and it will love the mud i pull a twin axle Graham Edwards trailer quite alot and the Kuga outperforms one of the best double cab pickups on the market!!!! the point daisbuys makes about off road tyres is also not quite right as i have BFG mud terrain tyres on my work van and they are absolutely rubbish stay with the originals 17" wheels and tyres and you will be OK. Ground clearance is the same as a MK1 freelander so no issue there and I have had 3 freelanders with HDC and i have never used it at all.
Sorry to ramble on but the Kuga is brilliant at is job as SUV 4x4

·
Registered
106 Posts
That video from fifth gear was stupid a fully blowen and loaded Landrover defender would not go through that bog so what chance does a Kuga have noitce he is towed out by a tractor!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts