Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Towbar fitted now with dedicated ford loom 拢478 all in , only problem they scratched my tailgate 馃槱馃が

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
You could complain. I sent my wife's car in for MOT 2 weeks ago. Someone has put a dent in the bonnet like they couldn't shut it. I never eve close the bonnet with my hand and drop it but difficult to prove it was the garage.

Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could complain. I sent my wife's car in for MOT 2 weeks ago. Someone has put a dent in the bonnet like they couldn't shut it. I never eve close the bonnet with my hand and drop it but difficult to prove it was the garage.
I did and got usual answer 鈥 we never did it 鈥 馃がi told them i washed it the day before and parked it up ready for them , his messages below

鈥 You should have told them when job was finished.Send a picture of it and I will have a word with them in the morning
They don鈥檛 touch the tailgate to do the job as you have to open tailgate and stays up and iv done these myself so they had no need to touch the tailgate
Iv just had a word with one of the lads and he said they opened the tailgate to do the job and no need to touch it as we take the bumper off to done the job so how could we scratch or made any match on the tailgate.Which in his defence he is right to be honest we don鈥檛 touch the tailgate at all 鈥

I didnt notice till they had gone

Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did and got usual answer 鈥 we never did it 鈥 馃がi told them i washed it the day before and parked it up ready for them , his messages below

鈥 You should have told them when job was finished.Send a picture of it and I will have a word with them in the morning
They don鈥檛 touch the tailgate to do the job as you have to open tailgate and stays up and iv done these myself so they had no need to touch the tailgate
Iv just had a word with one of the lads and he said they opened the tailgate to do the job and no need to touch it as we take the bumper off to done the job so how could we scratch or made any match on the tailgate.Which in his defence he is right to be honest we don鈥檛 touch the tailgate at all 鈥

I didnt notice till they had gone

Attachments

Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
This a sad but true story. When 鈥淰inny鈥 went in for his 1st mot, I did a walk around video to show no damage. What am I like!

Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
This a sad but true story. When 鈥淰inny鈥 went in for his 1st mot, I did a walk around video to show no damage. What am I like!
Same as me and you don't trust anyone with your car. That's why I do most things myself. A little boring example as to why.

I needed some roof work doing to my ridge tiles and one of the lead valleys and got someone recommended to do it. It is something I can do myself but I struggle at times with heights. I have a flat roof extension on a first floor bedroom which has easy access from a flat roof utility below. The flat roof on the bedroom had a large bubble in it which I pointed out to him to avoid. It had been like that for years but has never leaked and was on the list to be done and what did he do, he burst the bubble with his ladder or whatever but said NOTHING. Two days later I was just setting off for work and I heard a drip, followed by another. Luckily it was a spare bedroom but i had stuff in there that I didn't want to get wet. Just cleared the bedroom and the plasterboard ceiling gave way. What a mess.....I had the the flat roof done in fibre glass by a different company and would never use the first guy again. I still owe him 拢200 which he never came back for. I wonder why.

Another one when I wanted my gas point moving for the oven and it needed a new pipe T'ing on to the existing near the meter under the stairs. The first thing the plumber did was drill a new hole in the floor and drilled straight into the existing gas pipe below it.

Those are just a couple of examples that I can recall. I know there are loads of others but I guess it's the same as any trade in that there are some that are better than others, some that are cowboys and some that just don't give a $%*&.

Registered
Ford kuga st line 2017
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same as me and you don't trust anyone with your car. That's why I do most things myself. A little boring example as to why.

I needed some roof work doing to my ridge tiles and one of the lead valleys and got someone recommended to do it. It is something I can do myself but I struggle at times with heights. I have a flat roof extension on a first floor bedroom which has easy access from a flat roof utility below. The flat roof on the bedroom had a large bubble in it which I pointed out to him to avoid. It had been like that for years but has never leaked and was on the list to be done and what did he do, he burst the bubble with his ladder or whatever but said NOTHING. Two days later I was just setting off for work and I heard a drip, followed by another. Luckily it was a spare bedroom but i had stuff in there that I didn't want to get wet. Just cleared the bedroom and the plasterboard ceiling gave way. What a mess.....I had the the flat roof done in fibre glass by a different company and would never use the first guy again. I still owe him 拢200 which he never came back for. I wonder why.

Another one when I wanted my gas point moving for the oven and it needed a new pipe T'ing on to the existing near the meter under the stairs. The first thing the plumber did was drill a new hole in the floor and drilled straight into the existing gas pipe below it.

Those are just a couple of examples that I can recall. I know there are loads of others but I guess it's the same as any trade in that there are some that are better than others, some that are cowboys and some that just don't give a $%*&.
馃が

1 - 7 of 7 Posts