Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, new on this site and looking for a wee bit guidance.
I have a 2013 Titanium and am looking for a tow bar but am having a wee bit difficulty in tracking one down which is compatible with my vehicle unless I want to pay silly money.
Is the Titanium any different from the other editions from 2013 with relation to factory fitted fitting points for a tow bar?
I was under the impression that the difference would be mainly cosmetics , trim, special alloys etc and the actual structure of the vehicle would be the same over the range.
I have someone to fit it for me just need to find one
Thanks

·
Super Moderator and Mr Uses Lots of Words
5,387 Posts
hi folks, new on this site and looking for a wee bit guidance.
I have a 2013 Titanium and am looking for a tow bar but am having a wee bit difficulty in tracking one down which is compatible with my vehicle unless I want to pay silly money.
Is the Titanium any different from the other editions from 2013 with relation to factory fitted fitting points for a tow bar?
I was under the impression that the difference would be mainly cosmetics , trim, special alloys etc and the actual structure of the vehicle would be the same over the range.
I have someone to fit it for me just need to find one
Thanks
Hi @Steve61 and welcome to our forum. Please have a read here and update your signature with your cars details. It will save you having to say what you have each time you post.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

As for your query I am not aware of any difference in the towbars on the mk2 but our @andspenka is our towing guru.

I have this one on mine. You want the towbar without the bypass relay as the correct way to do it is with a dedicated wiring kit and trailer module.

Umbra Rimorchi Detachable Towbar with 7 pin Bypass Relay for Ford Kuga SUV 2008 to 2013 UT140COR85ZCM/WU800UK1: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,633 Posts
Hi @Steve61, welcome to the forum.

Towbars aren't model specific normally with 1 exception on the Kuga which is the ST Line which was introduced in 2017 on the MK2.5. Even that is purely down to cosmetics, the chassis isn't any different on the ST Line, only the rear bumper & valance.

I've always bought mine from PF Jones

They're very reasonably priced, for the electrics I would always recommend genuine Ford dedicated kit, which can be bought from Rates Ford on ebay.

Reactions: smartguy69

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi @Steve61, welcome to the forum.

Towbars aren't model specific normally with 1 exception on the Kuga which is the ST Line which was introduced in 2017 on the MK2.5. Even that is purely down to cosmetics, the chassis isn't any different on the ST Line, only the rear bumper & valance.

I've always bought mine from PF Jones

They're very reasonably priced, for the electrics I would always recommend genuine Ford dedicated kit, which can be bought from Rates Ford on ebay.
Thanks for that info, don't know why some web sites state that the towbar specifically doesn't fit the Titanium addition.I'll have a look at the PFJones site.Had a look at the Rates Ford site but they don't seem to have any in stock just now but you have given me something to work on -thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you class as silly money?.
I'm not a rich man! I got a quote for fitting a towbar from my local ford dealership and they were asking close to £550 which is a bit rich for me, I can pick one up on the web for under £150 and the dedicated wiring for much the same ,even with a friend(mechanic) fitting it it is still £200 less

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi @Steve61 and welcome to our forum. Please have a read here and update your signature with your cars details. It will save you having to say what you have each time you post.

Welcome to the Forum, Please Read | Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums

As for your query I am not aware of any difference in the towbars on the mk2 but our @andspenka is our towing guru.

I have this one on mine. You want the towbar without the bypass relay as the correct way to do it is with a dedicated wiring kit and trailer module.

Umbra Rimorchi Detachable Towbar with 7 pin Bypass Relay for Ford Kuga SUV 2008 to 2013 UT140COR85ZCM/WU800UK1: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike
That’s what I found confusing! If you read through the spec details it specifically says that it is not compatible with the titanium edition yet it fits your vehicle fine!

·
Super Moderator and Mr Uses Lots of Words
5,387 Posts
That’s what I found confusing! If you read through the spec details it specifically says that it is not compatible with the titanium edition yet it fits your vehicle fine!
I wouldn't take anything as being right on either Amazon or eBay tbh. I have come across quite a few things where I know something fits my car yet the advert says it doesn't and vice versa.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts