Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ppl just had a tow bar fitted and now my parking sensors and park assit are showing as a fult/don't work any more.

I've got the company that fitted it coming back to have a look at it but wanted some advice before hand.

Its was a standards wire kit 13 pin that g
Has been added to the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Gid they use ForScan to make the towbar fitting 'known' to the car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure as I was at work. My wife was in when they fitted the tow bar. I will be here Wednesday when they come back i will ask if they did.

Thank you nigel

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Check for faults on ForScan. They may have left the rear parking sensors disconnected.

·
Super Moderator
652 Posts
Did the use a Kuga specific wiring kit? If so the ECU needs to be programmed to recognise the Towing Module, then the whole thing has to be programmed to enable trailer sway control, and do it's stuff with the parking sensors. If you haven't bought a Vehicle Specific wiring kit, all bets are off....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the use a Kuga specific wiring kit? If so the ECU needs to be programmed to recognise the Towing Module, then the whole thing has to be programmed to enable trailer sway control, and do it's stuff with the parking sensors. If you haven't bought a Vehicle Specific wiring kit, all bets are off....
Yes payed extra for the specified wire kit. Thanks for the advice. They are coming back tomorrow to sort it. So at least I know a bit in case they try to fob me off

·
Registered
215 Posts
Have a look underneath rear bumper drivers side.... that is where the park sensor multi plug is located

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi Craig glad it was a simple fix, and i would like to congratulate you on telling us the outcome there are so many come on here with a fault but never bother to tell us what was found and how it was fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts