Ford Kuga Titanium X, 2 litre, 2017 Powershift, AWD, Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
Ford Kuga 2013 Titanium X
1,473 Posts
Hi @StephenO, welcome to the forum.

Please take a minute to fill out your car model in your signature, it helps us when answering your questions and saves you having to type it in all the time. Details can be found here........Welcome to the Forum, Please Read

As for your question, the 50Kg limit definitely isn't correct. There could be different limits set for different countries and that link is for Europe not the UK. Mine is definitely 100Kgs, this is from my instructions.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,453 Posts
Ours has 105kg on the tow bar sticker in the boot shut.

I always run 100kg, nice stable tow on our single axle Sterling (1550kg).

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
Caravan drawbar is usually 100Kg, Alko 2004 is 100Kg, 3004 is 150Kg. No idea about Winterhoff, I've never had one.

From my caravan manual, we have a 420 GTS.

·
Registered
2013 Titanium X with 2017 Powershift Conversion.
1,453 Posts
Yep ours is 100kg, which is odd as ideal noseweight would be 108kg iirc (7%).

·
Registered
Ford Kuga Titanium X, 2 litre, 2017 Powershift, AWD, Automatic
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, my heart missed a beat when I read 50kg as I've just got the car!

I've updated my signature.

·
Super Moderator
870 Posts
My removable Tow Trust was plated as 140kg...

·
Registered
2016 Mk2 Titanium 180 AWD, manual, Frozen White, Sync2, Black BBS 17" wheels, convenience pack
208 Posts
Finding the correct noseweight
The correct noseweight for the caravan is the lowest of three noseweight figures: that of the caravan chassis manufacturer; that of the tow vehicle manufacturer; and that of the towbar manufacturer.

The chassis manufacturer stamps both the maximum noseweight and the maximum load that the coupling is designed to carry on the coupling. These figures are identified by the letters ‘S’ and ‘GA’ respectively. The towcar’s maximum noseweight will be found in the owner’s manual, whilst the maximum noseweight on the towbar will be found on the towbar plate. Whichever is the lowest is the one you have to work to.

This is from my caravan insurer website

Reactions: murcod

·
Super Moderator
1,473 Posts
I have a Milenco noseweight gauge and check mine before setting off, I always aim for 95Kg and the caravan has been rock solid every time. Pre-covid we did close to 1000 mile round trip from the North East to Cornwall and it was perfect the whole trip.

Reactions: smartguy69
1 - 9 of 9 Posts