Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all Kugans do not try this in the UK!
On the German Autobahn today coming back from Paris on my Christmas travelsI managed to get a fully loaded Kuga with 3 adults andluggage up to 125mph with 3 and a half 1000 rvs on the display not bad seen as the manual says 112mph top end with no mods. I was Impressed as she handled so well for an SUV.

I also seen another T Black and and a White on route. They are getting out there in europe.

let us know how you get on the speed trails (But only where it's legal)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry No GPS unit fitted just the sat nav and that didn't say much. so just the speedo to rely on. I think that is good enough though as I did get flashed in a 70km zone and was doing 72km Doh!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Now and then I have my OH's Tomtom in the Kuga, as she has a traffic camera subscription and I like to know where they are on roads I don't know. So, I have used this to compare the Kuga speedometer reading and found that at an indicated 125km/h the car was actually travelling at 120km/hr. At lower speeds the reading error was proportional at about +4% error, so at 50 km/hr there is virtually no difference in the real and indicated speeds. Normally, when I am without the TT, I can rely on the Kuga's speedo to give me pretty accurate info upto about 100 or so.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
BigGeord said:
Sorry No GPS unit fitted just the sat nav and that didn't say much. so just the speedo to rely on. I think that is good enough though as I did get flashed in a 70km zone and was doing 72km Doh!

Based on my other message I think you were pretty safe at an indicated 72 Km/h. That camera is going to be red hot if it's set to flash at exactly 70km/h, and I don't think you will hear any more about it, to be honest.It's probably to act as a deterent. You don't say which country you were in at the time though, soI hope I'm right!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was in Germany, and one would think the germans were very accurate. That said it might cost them more to pursue as I am back in the UK now and for the sake of 2km/h who cares.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts